Pages

▼

Saturday, August 15, 2026

Specimen Folder for Krazy Kat's Saddle Bag Journal

  Layout page from Krazy Kat's Saddle Bag Journal.  This file folder is a big part of my favorite page layout in Krazy Kat's Saddle Bag Journal. This folder with many pockets was created in Cricut Design Space to house several 'specimens' from Krazy Kat's collection.

Free Folder layout (cuts) available in Cricut Design Space.




See the video below for description, inside pieces, and tutorial.    


*   *   *

 Material List

CTMH Champagne/Off White Cardstock
Black Textured Cardstock CTMH Inks
CTMH Zip Strip from Designer Paper (Stash)
Acetate .003 Dried Purple/Red Clover Blooms Ranger Vintage Photo Distressed Ink Washi Tape
Prima Verbiage Stamp (Had to find this one!)
FF Thread
Kitchen String
Pen Black
Faber Castel Pit Pen Brown
Tag from my Troxel Riding Helmet
Photo by ScrappyHorses
Tim Holtz Collage Paper
Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
CTMH Stamp Sets (Had to dig this one out!) Adhesives: ATG; Fabric-Tac; Double Score Tap; Bearly Arts Cricut Design Space: Shapes
Cricut Access: Window Envelope- Going Places; Tabbed Divider - Going Places; Invitation Pocket - mmakerr.com (ALL modified)
Cricut Mat
Cricut Maker

I'm sharing with these challenges:

Farmquest General Store: AG Country/Farm
Neglected Stuff: I used a couple of old buried stamp sets! hahaha Also, this was a great excuse to use the Tim Holtz Collage paper that sits on the shelf in plain sight and I still forget I have it!
Creative Artiste:  AG Mixed Media
I Spy with My Little Eye:  Something with Wings (butterfly for me)
Unicorn:  Layer it Up!
A Cut Above:  AG with a Die Cut (no twist unless you include the clover)
Paper Rocks Scissors:  AG using Paper &/or Scissors

Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel. 

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful journal, love all the little pockets full of treasures to enjoy, the eyelet and thread adds a lovely texture. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a cool journal page! Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO design! Loving all of the folders and pockets you created. Wonderful way to add ephemera to the page. Thanks for sharing with the August Challenge at A Cut Above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super fun and creative page!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Neglected Stuff!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    The Neglected Stuff Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice page! I love all the pockets! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great layout with so many wonderful details, thank you so much for joining in the fun at I spy with my little eye challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of the texture and the little file folder! Thanks for accepting the challenge at A Place To Start !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! Such a wonderful creation!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PAPER ROCKS SCISSORS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Thank you for entering our challenge at 613 Avenue Create. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for 613 Avenue Create
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks x 2 with belated appreciation: PRS (anything paper/scissors used) and FQGS (AG farm and/or country)!!! These little drawings and images reminds me of biology classes! I took 3 years in high school so it was an easy choice in college to choose botany and zoology for my science credits! Our biology teacher was actually giving us college-post-college level work at the time! We just thought it was fascinating stuff. He'd take us to woods to identify trees and weeds and even to pick paw-paws! He would bring in deer guts from the check-in stations for us to learn how to do seed counts. We learn to do basic taxidermy, too! We had to clean the meat and organs out of a pigeon!! Even remove bits of meat in the wings! Mr. Hodge passed away last year. Broke my heart. One of my most favorite teachers. The prairie plot that we got to help him start back in the mid-late 1970s has been expanded into a wetlands habitat. And the school named it officially after him and it now has a plaque. Just thought I'd share it. If you ever travel to east central Illinois, let me know so I can tell you where to visit it. You'd like it!

    ReplyDelete