Monday, April 28, 2014

May Flowers


Here we are on the last Monday of April and my last entry as a Guest Designer for the challenges at Heart 2 Heart.  I hope you all have had as much fun with this month's challenges as I have!

This challenge theme is Flowers.  What can be more perfect to prepare cards and gifts for Mother's Day?   Now this holiday falls on May 11; so you still have time to make some beautiful gifts for all the special ladies in your life!

I have a couple of necklaces to share with you from CTMH Base & Bling Collection.  These are so easy to make and the creativity can go as far as you would like!

Check out the video from CTMH here.  

I chose to use the Storyteller Style Sheet for the large square charms in Faux Antique Gold.  The little added charms are from Free Thinker and Storyteller.  The rhinestones are the Base & Bling Rhinestone Charms.  I simply opened the rings that hold the charms, attached them to the chain, and re-closed them.  The little chain hanging from the necklace on the right is the extender from the back of the necklace.    I removed it and reattached it next to the pendant.

I wanted a dash more color and flowers; so I got into my stash and and found some little silver charms.  I placed a piece of gold colored wire through it and bent the ends.  I glued the charm piece on the back of flowers from the Ivy Lane Assortment.   I also had some gold jewelry rings in my box of miscellaneous craft stuff.  I used that to attach the flowers onto the necklace!  As you can see the silver charm does not show, so it didn't matter.  Besides, they are both neutrals and  according to Stacy and Clinton from "What Not to Wear" we can mix them anyway, right?  ; )

The point is, when it comes to designing your CTMH Base & Bling jewelry, you can't go wrong!  Check out the creative Base & Bling Style Sheets or create your own.  It really is up to you and your style!

Materials List
CTMH Base & Bling Faux Antique Gold Chain
CTMH Base & Bling Faux Antique Gold Square Pendant
CTMH Base & Bling Square Glass Cover
CTMH Base & Bling Rhinestone Charms
CTMH Base & Bling Storyteller Charms
CTMH Base & Bling Free Thinker Charms
CTMH Base & Bling Storyteller Style Sheet
Liquid Glass

For the added floral charms I used: 
CTMH Ivy Lane Assortment
Gold jump rings
Silver charms to mount the flowers
Gold covered wire
Aleene's metal and jewelry glue to adhere the flowers onto charms

I so enjoyed my time as a Guest Designer this month!  Thanks so much for inviting me to share my crazy craft ideas!  I'm looking forward to Thursday and the new month of challenges!

For more creative ideas, check out KatiesCorner for CTMH videos and super projects!


2 comments:

  1. I love making the new CTMH necklaces. Yours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was amazed how easy it is and how well the liquid glass works on the cover!

      Delete