Wednesday, January 21, 2015

2015: It's a New Year

Yes, it's a new year full of new ideas, goals, and challenges.   I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions, but I do like to sit down and think about what I want to accomplish in my horsemanship program for kids with challenges as well as my own personal equine goals.

I must say, putting it down on paper in this way was so fun.  This scroll is going to hang out in my tack room.  I have divided it into 5 sections and will unroll it as the year goes on.  I'll see it everyday and the kiddos will also be able to see what the goals are.  They will see I have personal goals to achieve as well as goals for them!  My hope is they will understand learning continues throughout our lives and when we love something and feel passionately about it, we want to learn!

This was also a great way to explore the words and phrases in the CTMH Artbooking cartridge.  Almost every cut is from that cartridge.  There is a horse and boot from Old West.

I used several CTMH stamp sets; let's see if I can remember them all as I type!

Love Life, Take Note, Curlicue Alphabet, Country Born, Lovely Buckles, and Camper Crazy.

CTMH Embellishments:  Brad and Button from Mini Medley Gold,  Washi Tape, Baker's Twine, Foil from Dakota, Bronze Shimmer Trim, Glamour Glitter Alphabet, Floret Paper Flowers, and Aqua Dots.  

Other Embellishments:  Letters from Sticko Stickers; the music note was cut previously and I don't remember what cartridge I used for it!  Miscellaneous pens, pencils, adhesives, inks, etc.

Well, thanks to this project I have reiterated my motto from last year:  "Think it, feel it, do it!" and I've created my 2015 idea: "There is quiet strength in balance."
My new idea is teaching if our life is balanced, we will be stronger just like if we are balanced on the horse, we are stronger riders!

Last year it was about thinking things through and considering how it will feel and then doing it!  Again, with horses we think about the action, feel it (usually the horse reacts at this point, but if he doesn't- we cue it physically or--) do it!

Well, now I'm ready to get started on this list of ideas, goals, and chores.  Let's see, Jan/Feb/Mar.......I've been out to ride a couple of times, signed up for some CE credits, and outlined some lesson plans!  Woo hoo, I'm on my way!

Now I have to get motivated to do the paperwork!  Yee gads, I really don't like doing taxes, making new forms, organizing the old paperwork.

I'm hoping this year it will be a little easier since I made a book to keep track of things last year:  Book.  It is stuffed full of receipts, ideas, notes, pictures, and scribblings!  I should make a new one for  2015.  Hmmm.............

Ok, you've suffered through enough rambling!  Thanks for coming by today!

My scroll is off to:

Heart 2 Heart:  Old is New - that scroll has been sitting waiting for quite a while

Sentimental Sundays:  New Beginnings and a sentiment


Bitten by the Bug 2:  Cricut Letters or Phrase(s) 





11 comments:

  1. That is an awesome idea. Love how it turned out. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! A great way to reach your goals!

    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays...
    Sandy S
    (SSDT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea Katrina!!! This is fabulous. And hanging it in your tack room so it is always in view for you and the children is another great idea. Good luck on your goals. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Letter or Phrase' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really great!! I love all the words you used
    Thank you for entering THE Bitten by the Bug 2, with the theme “Use a Phrase or word” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This scroll is so fun. I enjoyed your inspiration with all the wording and details. I am sure everyone who sees this will appreciate it so much. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen several inspiration projects for the new year, but yours is by far the best ever! I am sure you can accomplish it all!
    thanks for joining bbtb2 this week.
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative and fun project! Love it! Thanks for joining BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome idea and I love how it came together!!! I love that you have it in your tack room and I love that the kids can see that you have goals that you are aiming towards too. Simply fabulous!!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, I need to create something like this! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    Brandi R.
    H2H DT member
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME!!!! I even have a couple of these laying around! Thanks for linking up to H2H's Old is New Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun vision board! You really thought outside the box to use the scroll in an imaginative way. Thanks for showing me how at Heart 2 Heart Challenges! -- Cynthia

    ReplyDelete