Monday, June 7, 2021

Have a New Experience!!


As we meander a Path of Positivity, we are challenging you to "Have a New Experience" in your life!  This can be anywhere in your life from the craft room to changing up daily routines!  

Nothing quite shakes up your day like doing something new and there are so many benefits to getting out of your routine a bit!  

Increases Confidence 
Time Becomes More Memorable and Valuable
Fear Takes a Backseat and Your Sense of Adventure Grows
Teaches Patience and Humility
You Get to Know Yourself Better
Creativity and Brainpower are Stimulated

*   *   *  

About my piece

This is a cover for a new art journal!  I have really gotten "into" making journals lately...will I ever fill them all?  Hmmm.....  Maybe I need to give some away!  

I really got out of my comfort zone and took apart this wonderful digital stamp, KOKOPELLI Southwestern Tile from pattiescreations.  I have a real fascination with Kokopelli and Native American folklore, so this image was perfect for me.  Pattie has a couple of Kokopelli images and several wonderful nature images I considered, but I landed on this one!  

I imported this digital stamp into my Cricut Design Space and started playing/experimenting.  I ended up cutting the border from Acetate Alternative so I would have a stencil.  Then I printed the center on Arches Cold Press Watercolor.  

Now, I'm not a watercolorist!  This is very new for me, so I grabbed my neglected Derwent Inktense Water Color Pencils I purchased from Dick Blick while we were in Cleveland three years ago.  I picked up about 10 or so to try and never really did much with them.  I have to say, I love the color and texture it gave this piece!  I colored the sun with some CTMH ink and a sponge.

The cover itself is made from a scrap of art frame board...the kind one uses for photos and such.  I cut my size and left room for the binding which I'll do with my Cinch machine once I decide what papers I want in it!  (Sometimes when I make them for myself, I add finished pages and then Cinch it when I have all the pages done.)  I covered the board in Distress Oxide Inks:  Peacock and Vintage Photo.  I then used my stencil and applied Bo Bunny Glitter Paste to the suns and a paint mixture to the arrow pattern.  

My paint mixture recipe: 
Folk Art Metallic Pure Gold Paint
CTMH Blush and Honey Re-inker
Bo Bunny Bronze Shimmer Spray

I matted a piece of cardstock and layered my colored center on top at an angle.  Some CTMH Gems and old jewelry pieces finish it off!

*   *   *  
 
So, are you inspired to try something a little different ... set off on a new adventure of some kind?  Let us know what you are doing!

   We'd like
 to hear your ideas at Path of Positivity!  Come share them with us!  

Remember, you may share any sort of artistic medium over at PoP:  writing, cards, journals, scrapbooking, painting, sewing, baking, needle crafts, etc as long as it is positive!  The theme is always optional.  

*   *   * 
Material List
Arches Cold Press WaterColor Paper
Acetate Alternative for homemade stencil
CTMH Ink for Sun
Ranger Distressed Vintage Photo Ink and Peacock Feather
Paint Mixture: Recipe above
CTMH Mocha Gems and old jewelry from Stash
Cricut Standard Mat
Cricut Blade
Cricut Maker
The Cinch Book Binding Machine will be used to bind this journal

 Sharing with these challenges:  

Krafty Chicks:  Stamp Act
Paper Funday:  Sparkle &/or Shine
Colour Crazy Challenge:  AG Hand Colored
Allsorts:  Magical Worlds
Fairy and the Unicorn:  AG Fantasy
CD Sunday Plus:  AG using a CD, USB or Digi download on a physical piece
WWODT:  AG
Creative Artiste:  AG Mixed Media
Simon Says:  Mixed Media
Addicted to Stamps:  Make Your Mark

Be sure to come on 
over to 
and see 
what the team 
thinks about our optional twist!  
You can also find 
more information 
about entering 
the challenge!  

Thanks to our 
wonderful sponsors this month:


and



 Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel.

21 comments:

  1. What a great project, I agree, trying something different is really good for us.

    Thanks for joining us.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great fun, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Allsorts 'Magical Worlds' theme this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great journal cove,love the bright coloured quirky image and great textured background.THank you for joining us at Krafty Chicks
    Carol GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ! What a beautiful cover and what a great work. Your background is gorgeous and the Digi pops up so beautifully on top. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really great fun image with a great background and choice of colours. Thank you for joining our 'Magical' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring looks really beautiful! I purchased the small container (set of 12 or so) of Inktense pencils years ago but never really gave them much of a chance as I always reached for my polychromos, but seeing your coloring I want to try them!! Beautiful journal cover with this fabulous image!

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week for our Magical Worlds theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous project! Love that kokopelli and all the texture behind the image. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafy Chicks this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous project!! Love the color combo, the pretty background and the fun image you used!!!
    Have a great day,
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fun and colourful. An eye catching card. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's gorgeous and you did great with the water color pencils! Love the background too. Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great, fun journal cover - love the colours.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous project. I love the brightness of this cover. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Donna DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun cute project. Great image. Thanks for sharing over at Colour Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely cover for your journal
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for joining Allsorts challenge with your entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Voilà une couverture très originale.
    Merci de nous avoir rejoint dans ce beau challenge qu'est le Colour Crazy Challenge.
    Bonne chance et à très bientôt.
    MaryannG G. D. Colour Crazy Challenge

    Here is a very original cover.
    Thank you for joining us in this great challenge that is the Colour Crazy Challenge.
    Good luck and see you very soon.
    MaryannG G. D. Colour Crazy Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun and creative piece of artwork!
    Thanks for sharing with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great cover for a journal and how nice to try different things. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just super fantastic. Nice work.
    Thank you for joining World Wide DT Challenge
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the colours you chose, great card! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck! Dawn Colour Crazy DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's so important to try something new each day, the smallest of things can help open up a whole new adventure. Your journal page is so inviting, a celebration of what's to come inside. Thank you so much for sharing with us @ Creative Artiste, best wishes in the challenge.
    Creative wishes Tracey DT x

    ReplyDelete