Monday, September 6, 2021

My Quiet Time


As we meander a Path of Positivity, we are challenging you to enjoy some Quiet Time and share with us how you do that.  

I don't do well with Quiet Time/Meditation in a traditional sort of sense since I like to be busy.  I tried meditating once and I fell asleep!  Hmm....

I find my "down time" is better spent working in the barn, enjoying the outdoors, or designing in the craft room. For this post, I'll elaborate on the craft room. 

I seem to really "get in the zone" creating/playing in art journals with different mediums, designing scrapbook pages, making cards, coloring, etc.  I can lose all track of time and space in here!  ;)  I especially find myself relaxing when I'm creating in my journal.  

*   *   * 
Art Journaling is relaxing for me since it's a lot of "working outside the box" for me!  I enjoy trying new techniques and experimenting in my journals.  This journal is one I made myself and included many different paper types.  I chose the back of a page I had done before and some of the blue ink had come through the ledger paper.  That was ok with me; gave me a head start! 

I did brush clear gesso on this page to keep the new ink from going through to the page I had already done.  Once dry, I added some Pearl White Blick paint in the center; it has a sort of shine to it.  On top of the gesso, the paint had a fun texture, also!  Added bonus to using the gesso!

I then stamped all the background, edges, and file card.  I glued in the file card to make a pocket and put my focal image on top of that.  I slid in a little note card.    All that was left was adding sequins, the keyring with jingle bell, and ribbon.  

This delightful guy, Doodle Jingle Elf, is from Tindaloo.  We are excited to share art from this new sponsor!  Be sure to check out her Etsy Store for some relaxing coloring!  She has frames, Christmas, flowers, etc all in a fun doodling style!  

*   *   *  

   We'd like to hear your ideas at Path of Positivity.  Come share them with us!  

Remember, you may share any sort of artistic medium over at PoP:  writing, cards, journals, scrapbooking, painting, sewing, baking, needle crafts, etc as long as it is positive!  The theme is always optional.  

*   *   * 

Material List
Digi:  Doodle Jingle Elf from Tindaloo
Copic Markers
Clear Gesso
Pearl White Blick Paint
Retired CTMH stamps
CTMH Inks
Keyring from stash
Bit of Ribbon
Jingle Bell
Sequins
Notecard behind file card is from Polkadoodles
File card from Polkadoodles
Cricut:  Cut File Card, Note Card, and Elf
Cricut Standard Mat
Cricut Blade
Homemade Journal Book Page is ledger paper

 Sharing with these challenges:  

Krafty Chicks:  Stamp Act (Use a stamp/digi)
Christmas Crafts All Year 'Round:  Q and/or R (R for ribbon, retired stamps, red copic markers and jingle bell) 
Sweet Stampers:  Dies and/or Punches (must include a stamp or digi)
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas:  AG Christmas w/opt theme ~ Letter S (Stars, stamps, sequins)
Winter Wonderland:  Anything but a Card (Journal Page)
Sweet Stampin': Include stamping and Lots of Layers (Several layers of stamping/paint/ink!)
We Love 2 Create:  AG Mixed Media

Be sure to come on 
over to 
and see 
what the team 
thinks about our optional twist!  
You can also find 
more information 
about entering 
the challenge!  

Thanks to our 
wonderful sponsor this month:


 Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel.

9 comments:

  1. Cute elf. I like the card with stamps at the top. Really fun. Thank you for playing in CHNC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Fairy and Unicorn Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely and cute card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Christmas Journal Page. Thanks for sharing with us at Fairy and Unicorn. Lisa J DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous fun project, gorgeous..
    Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful art journal page and a very cute Elf. Thank you for joining us at The Fairy and the Unicorn Fantasy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eine sehr schöne Karte. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.

    LG Heike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!*Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete