Thursday, June 1, 2023

Ya' Gotta' Laugh at Twisted Thursday! Haha


   It's time for a new challenge over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday and the optional twist is:  "Laughter!"  Now, that should lighten our days ahead!  

As many of you might know who read many of my blog posts, I was a musician in my real life.  I don't do any playing anymore due to life circumstances, but I still teach.  It seems everyone in my family plays oboe or trumpet and we marry into those instruments.  It's weird, but true!  

I can tell you the oboist is truly an unusual personality type!  Truest of the Type A's; serious by nature; actually enjoys the scales and exercises.  Yeah, lots of fun!  hahahaha  Oboists have to practice all the time...everyday!  When they aren't practicing, they are making reeds.  The mood of the oboist is always reliant on the reeds in his/her box.  Bad reeds = a bad day!  My prof used to say, "A reed a day keeps the psychiatrist away!"   

On that note...




Interested in creating your own personalized Die Cuts like the one on this card?  Check out this video!


 Material List 

Oboe Die Cut from ScrappyHorses
Music Digi: Cricut Access  
Black and white paper 
Adhesives:  ATG; Fabri-Tac; 
Cricut Design Space: Design and Print Then Cut; Offset Feature; Flatten Feature; Oboe created from Shapes in CDS (See video above for more info!)
Cricut Access: Fonts ~ Zapfino and American Typewriter; Music Heart (no longer found in CDS)
Cricut Standard Mat Cricut Maker

My card is off to the following challenges:

Just Us Girls:  Silhouette
The Paper Shelter:  Music or Dance
Allsorts:  AG
Craft Rocket:  Use Dies

Be sure to visit
for all the details about the challenge 
and to check out all fun inspiration from the DT and participants! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel. 

8 comments:

  1. What a fun card, great design. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh this post is so funny! I love your card! I remember those reeds when I played clarinet in the fourth grade for a very short period of time. Not my fav instrument...I played piano! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Fun sentiment and great oboe. My life is filled with a trumpet player. I could listen to him all day every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again this week;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card Katrina. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CREATIVE CRAFTERS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining challenge The Paper Shelter DT Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katrina! What a super cool card. Thank you for sharing it with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and enjoy your day. Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete