Friday, July 26, 2024

CAS at CIU

 Our new challenge over at Cut It Up is 'CAS'; we want to see clean and simple projects using a die cut! 

As some of you probably know, CAS is not my thing.  I love CAS when I see it, but I just don't do much in that style.  So when I do, I suppose I take it quite literally!  hahaha  Black and white CAS!

Here's a video sharing my card.  There's not much to assembling this card, but I do want to share how I made this treble clef into a 'thicker' die cut.  I have been seeing crafters who are new to Cricut Design Space having issues cutting dies that are too delicate/thin.  So, I wanted to offer a solution to the issue.  I also share a solution to color issues with some imports.  


 Come share your projects with us at Cut It Up.  Remember to include a die cut for this challenge!

Material List:

Polkadoodles Treble Clef:  Feel the Music  https://tinyurl.com/5435n6mj
Black Cardstock
White Cardstock
Spellbinders Embossing Folder
Copic Black
Adhesives: Bearly Arts; ATG
Cricut Design Space: Design and Cut; Offset
Cricut Standard Mat Cricut Maker

This is off to the following challenges:  


When you visit the Cut It Up blog, have fun viewing the DT projects. Then be sure to share your project with us ~ don't forget the die cut!

Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel.   

10 comments:

  1. I love this card! Such a great embossing folder and thanks for the sharing the video as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing over at Simply Clean and Simple this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a BEAUTIFUL creation ... love it! (Don't forget about our embossing folder challenge called Can You Handle the Pressure - link below). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very classy Katrina!
    We are always super happy to see every entry in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please do come back again!
    The very best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card for a music lover.
    Thank you for joining in at MAWTT.
    Best wishes.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great embossing folder and die.

    Thanks for joining us at Moving Along With the Times.

    Helen x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again!

    Thanks for joining us at the Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog too.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What?? No horses? Just kidding, I think this is a fabulous CAS card! They can be difficult for sure, but you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha No horses...nothing clean or simple about them! ;)

      Delete