Time for a new challenge at The Outlawz Anything but a Card.
Back in early June I caught a Junk Journal Class by Pam Barnes that was part of Junk Journal Boss Summit. This class intrigued me...especially the part where she made the journal in the form of a Concertina using a packaging envelope.
So, I went and retrieved an envelope from my stash and made my own sort of simpler wallet design roughly using some of Pam's techniques from the class.
This is definitely a work in progress as it is a journal. I have fashioned it for a fictional character I have created in my own head.
It's basically the journal of a woman who left an upscale proper home in the early 1900's, where she was groomed to be a proper society lady in the clutches of her family, to become a scrappy horse woman living totally out of her element. It's about her adventures and the items she collects along the way mixed with much of her own upbringing she is trying to escape. Her name, Krazy Kat, was inspired by a tag I found in my box of treasures! Interesting since my name is Katrina! hahaha
The picture below shows my signatures before sewn, the fabric binding I constructed, my box of hoarded treasures, and the journal glued and started.
If you'd like to see what I have done in the journal so far, please see the video below for a perusal! I will have some short videos over some of the process in the future. You can find links from the walk-through video.
I'm sure you'll see some of the more adventurous pages as I work through them. Stay tuned as Krazy Kat lives her horse filled journeys!
Material List
Hallo Katrina,
ReplyDeleteDanke, dass Du an unserer Challenge teilnimmst. Je länger ich Deine Karte ansehe, um so mehr Einzelheiten fallen mir auf. Der Hintergrund gefällt mir besonders gut. Ich hoffe, Dich noch öfter bei uns Nachteulen sehen und begrüßen zu können.
Liebe Grüße, Flo
Beautiful! Your journal is loaded with interest, and the execution of the pages to this point is powerful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
ReplyDeleteHugz,
Chana
Thanks, Chana! I so appreciate your time checking out the inside of the journal!!
DeleteKatrina, this is gorgeous! I'll watch the video later. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. I hope we see you again soon!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Em
A Place To Start DT
613 Avenue Create Co-Owner
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel
What a fabulous textured make 🐴 The fabric layers, twine, charm, and horse detail give it such a rustic feel, totally stable worthy 😄 Thank you for joining the challenge at Ally’s Angels, can’t wait to see you in the gallery again ❤️
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful creation with stunning details.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining the 613 Avenue Create.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
Majda DT
Hello, Katrina!!! Thanks x 2 for sharing with Ally's Angels and FarmQuest General Store!! Your saddlebag junk journal story is off to a great start!! The turquoise concha reminds me of a turquoise ring that my paternal grandma bought in Arizona for me many years ago. I think it fits my pinky! :) You've already included so much just on the outside with fabric, photos, yarn, old key, etc. Awesome project! -- Becca S
ReplyDeleteWow! This journal is incredible! I love all of the wonderful details and textures. This will be a treasure forever. Thank you for playing with us at the Creative Crafters Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
ReplyDeleteDebbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!
This is truly a piece of art. I love all the layers, patterns, and textures you've incorporated into it. Blessings!
ReplyDelete