Sunday, September 13, 2026

Faux Tin Type Take ll: This time it's a pocket!


   This faux 'tin type' photo in Krazy Kat's Saddle Bag Journal (found HERE) is much easier than the last one I made for the Specimen Folder!  When it comes to faux tin type, this is my preferred method.  It's much easier!!

I chose to use it as a tuck spot on a partial page in the journal.  I took a shape from Cricut Design Space and made it into a frame to use as a pocket for a journal card with very little alteration.  

See the video below for tutorial.    



*   *   *

 Material List

Horse photo from ScrappyHorses
Typing/Computer Paper
Laser Printer
Mailing Tape
Aluminum Foil
Black Textured Cardstock
CTMH Cashmere Cardstock
Off White Cardstock
Ranger Vintage Photo Distressed Ink
Homemade Line Stencil Video Here
Pen Black
Faber Castell Pit Pen Brown
Adhesives: ATG; Fabric-Tac; Double Score Tap; Bearly Arts
Cricut Design Space: Shapes
Cricut Access: Vintage Label Natilie Thompson (modified)
Cricut Mat
Cricut Maker
Cricut Link to Project: SSS

I'm sharing with these challenges:

Place to Start: Relates to song "Horse with no Name"
Classic Design:  AG + a Die Cut

Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment