Monday, August 25, 2014

Pretty is as Pretty Does!


I saw this witch in the Cricut Design Space from Wrap It Up and immediately thought of the Bewitched episode when Samantha was mad about the mortal's impression of witches being ugly.  She wanted to show everyone witches could be beautiful.  Of course, being a kid in the '60's, I thought Elizabeth Montgomery was so pretty.  That's my inspiration for this tag I'm sending over to Mixed Media Mojo Tag Challenge.  


I started in DS laying out the tag and selecting the flowers I wanted.  I cut my pieces and inked all the edges of the flowers and leaves.  I stamped over the petals and leaves using Universal Backgrounds from CTMH.  One stamp is script, the other is music.  I shaped the petals and put some flowers together.  They are embellished with gems.

These cute papers are from the new CTMH Scaredy Cat Paper Packet.  I think they are adorable!

Every pretty witch needs a companion, so I gave her a 'charm'-ing owl!  This little guy is from the CTMH Base & Bling Free Thinker Charms.

I dressed up the tag with a tulle bow and more tulle to attach it to a gift or bag.  Orange embroidery floss add a flash of color.

I know a certain someone who has a birthday very close to Halloween!  This tag will be perfect on a gift for her!

Not nearly so messy as some of my mixed media projects, but I think it still qualifies!



I believe Mixed Media Mojo Challenge blog is relatively new; so if you've been inspired to create a mixed media tag, I'm sure they'd love to see it in their challenge.

To see a few of my mixed media projects check out some of these:  Sisters, Red, White and Blue Cowboy Style, Playing with the Queen of Hearts, Remembering, or Ariana Canvas.  There are more, but this will give you an idea of my take on Mixed Media if you might be interested in seeing more!

All CTMH is from KatiesCorner.

Have a great day and remember the next time you run into a witch, Pretty is as Pretty Does!  ; )


2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the little owl charm, it adds the perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about this tag is so wonderful! I loved watching Bewitched! Thanks for playing with the August Mixed Media Mojo challenge, I can't wait to see what you create for the September challenge! Hugs!~Niki (DT)

    ReplyDelete