Thursday, August 28, 2014

Shakin' & Sparklin'!


I've never done a shaker card before, but I'm always up for a great challenge!  Over at Sentimental Sundays the challenge is to make a Shaker Card.  So, since my little Lu's birthday party is this weekend, and the theme is "water fun," I thought this card might fit the occasion!

There are many tutorials on how to make a shaker card.  I found mine on Pinterest.  You can search them out and see what works best for you; however, I will share one thing I learned.  I strongly suggest using 3-D Foam Tape and not the foam squares!  I was fighting those little squares and getting them close to keep in the sequins was a nightmare.  Then there was peeling off all the little backings!  I was out of the tape.........  It's now on my shopping list!

I glued down my little fish on the card front and then put my sequins in a pile on top of them.  I placed the front panel over that and decorated.

Everything except the sequins is from CTMH.

The mermaid cut is from Cricut Once Upon a Princess; other cuts are from Animal Kingdom, Create a Critter, My Quiet Book and Art Philosophy.

I'm also sending this over to Exploring Cricut and More where the challenge is Birthday with Sparkle or Glitter!  Join in the fun and be sure to check out what the design team created over there!

Check out all the new CTMH embellishments and papers at KatiesCorner!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so cute! Love the shaker card theme, and what a darling mermaid-thanks for entering the Birthday Challenge at Exploring Cricut & More this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job on your first shaker card Katrina!! I love the mermaid, fish and starfish. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Birthday W/Sparkle &/or Glitter' challenge at Exploring Cricut and More!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina this is so adorable!!!! thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sparkles!! Such an adorable mermaid too :)

    Thank you for joining the Sentimental Sundays challenge, hope you'll play along again soon!

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete