Sunday, September 28, 2014

Frightfully Cute Card! ;)



This stamp set is waaaay toooo cute!  It is from CTMH and called Halloween Greetings!  When I saw that adorable little witch I couldn't help but think about Tabitha from Bewitched and all the mischief she created around her!  That's what makes this a great choice for the Pile it On Challenge where they want to see children/ Halloween/games.

I also enjoyed playing with some different mediums on this card, so I'm sending it off to Mixed Media Mojo where the theme is Fall and use paste.  My texture paste is up in the left hand corner.  I cut my own stencil with my cricut and some acetone alternative.  I colored the homemade pasted with CTMH Honey and Cranberry re-inker to get the orange color.  Before the paste was dry I sprinkled a little glitter onto it and quickly hit it with a heat too.

Before adding the texture paste, I cut the card from the CTMH Artiste cartridge.  The paper is CTMH Scaredy Cat.  I painted the front with some pearl paint mixed with a little gesso and lightly rubbed a little Sunset ink over it.  The pattern still clearly comes through, but it gives it a little different look than the inside of the card.

The web and bats were cut from Artbooking.  I heat embossed them with powder. I also heat embossed the little witch and colored with CTMH markers.  The sentiment is cut from Artbooking.

Further embellishments include Epoxy bubbles, Baker's Twine, Sunset Ribbon, tulle colored with ink.     All CTMH is from KatiesCorner!

I'm also sending my little witch off to these fun challenges!

Creative Card Crew -- Use Twine
Aud Sentiments -- Halloween Sentiment
Love to Create -- Fussy Cut  (Little Witch)
One Crazy Stamper -- Halloween or Christmas
Take Heart Ideas -- Anything Goes as long as you use at least 1 CTMH item......Let's see, Artbooking, Artfully Sent, Scaredy Cat, Baker's Twine, Epoxy Bubbles, Black gem, Markers, inks, card stock.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. I really like that you created your own stencil and made your own paste! This is a very cute project! Thanks for playing with us at Mixed Media Mojo! ~Niki (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the witch is very cute, love the card - thanks for joining us on the Mixed Media Mojo monthly challenge Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun and sparkly card! Love it. Thanks for playing along with Mixed Media Mojo this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card, Katrina! I love the little orange moon & stars - glad to have you join our September challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little witch, she does remind me of Tabitha! Such nice detail, love the paste and sparkle! Thanks for playing with us at Mixed Media Mojo! ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is DARLING!!!
    Thank You for joining us at PIO!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute card and love the layout of the card. Great play with the image. Thanks for joining us at Aud sentiments for our Halloween challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab halloween card! Love your colours and the image! Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew twine challenge. Irene DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so cute! That's a great vintagey looking image.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
    ~ Crystal (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card you made I love all the techniques you used on it. Thank you for playing along with us at Take Heart Ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great Halloween card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments. Good luck!
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really fun card! I love the inside just as much as the outside. Thank you for joining Take Heart Challenges.

    ReplyDelete