Friday, October 31, 2014

Orange!




Choose your orange!  Yep, that's the color dare at Color My Heart and I was so quick on this one, you still have all week to play!  So, jump on over there -- after you read my blog, of course -- and check it out!

I started with Kraft CS and braided the card edge.  Ok, I didn't really braid it!  It's much easier than that.  You can find directions for this technique on Youtube.  The template is found here.  I saw the idea for this at Such a Pretty Mess; to see her card go here!

Ok, now that you have seen how easy this is, I'm sure you'll want to try it.  I have an idea to change the size and use it in other ways.  More on that after some experimentation!

Oranges:  I chose Autumn Terracotta, Sunset, and Goldrush for my fall card.  I embellished with Mocha Gems, Burlap Ribbon scraps, and Baker's Twine.  There's a little piece of Bronze Shimmer Tape behind the backing peeking out.  I backed the sentiment with Scaredy Cat stamped with Family is Forever and What a Hoot.  The sentiment is from Poster Tidings.

All CTMH is from KatiesCorner.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the braided edge and all the texture on this card. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, Katrina! I love the braided and distressed edge--it's a great way to feature the word stamp. Thanks for joining us again at the Color Dare!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the braiding and all the layers and textures. Really beautiful! Thank you for playing along this week on Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katrina, your braided spine is lovely. I'm going to have to give that a try! The gradation of colors gives your message a wonderful look. Great use of all those oranges! thanks for taking the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete