Saturday, November 28, 2015

Watercolor Dove


I love this text from the Christmas Story!  I'm a 70's kid, so I grew up with the Linus quoting the story in the Peanuts Christmas Special…….ok, I heard it in church, too; but there is something about Linus reciting these verses that brings back great memories for me!

I used the computer to generate the verses carefully lining up where my dove would go.  After printing the verses onto watercolor paper, I heat embossed the dove.  While I had out the gold powder, I heat embossed the edges of the card stock under the top layer.

I used a thick, course brush to swipe the color across the text and dove.  I actually used rubbing alcohol instead of water so it would dry very quickly.  I kept the alcohol to a minimum so it would not smear my verbiage too much!

My base was stamped with the snow flakes from Flakey Friends (retired), but there are beautiful snowflakes on the stamp set from the White Pines Workshop on the Go Scrapbooking Kit and of course on the Snowflakes stamp!

I was inspired to try this technique by the challenge over at Heart 2 Heart Watercolor Challenge.

Material List:

CTMH Cardstocks/Papers:  Watercolor, Peacock, Glacier, White
CTMH Inks:  Glacier, Twilight
Embossing:  Versa Mark, Ranger Princess Gold Embossing Powder
CTMH Stamps:  Flakey Friends (retired), Blessings of Peace (retired)
CTMH Watercolors

If you need some last minute crafting supplies, please check out the CTMH Special Promotions!  There is a wonderful Cyber Week Sale beginning Monday and a New Planner Release and the new Stamp of the Month scheduled for December 1!  Lots to check out over the next few days!  There are still a few days to take advantage of the Simply Fundamental Scrapbooking Promotion; I'm glad I did!

I'm so happy you have taken time from your holiday preparations/celebrations to drop by to see what is happening here!  My best wishes for a delightful Advent Season.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! Such soft colours and they work so well! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete