Thursday, July 7, 2016

Vintage Birthday Car



Today's CAS card highlights the CTMH Stamp of the Month from June.  This is such a cute stamp set for cards, vacation layouts, and other projects.  I have to say, I love the Stamp of the Month because they are only $5.00 with the purchase of $50.  Can't go wrong with that deal!

This was a simple card.  I typed the sentiments into my word program and printed it on Warsau Cardstock.  (NOTE:  No Design Space today.....shocking for me, I know...and it's a CAS card.  I better take my temperature!  Ok, back to the card.)  Then I cut them (the card front and insert) to size and stamped the car with VersaMark ink.  I then heat embossed using PearLustre Hematite Embossing Powder.  

I finished it up by sponging some Flaxen ink and adding a piece of Kraft cardstock for the background layer to complete my vintage sort of look.  On the inside I stamped the little road sign with Slate ink and again sponged some ink around the edges.  The arrow tape (the arrow tape used here is discontinued, but a similar one is available) just seemed to add to the theme for me.   

My vintage car is driving off to the following challenges:
Outlawz Twisted Thursday:  One for the Guys
Pile It On:  It Moves Me:  Vehicles
TTCRD:  Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by; it's always great to have visitors!  Please feel free to check out my other posts/pages.  

3 comments:

  1. Very cool retro car -- love it on this card. Thanks so much for joining us this at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny CAS card!
    Thanks for joining our ATG challenge at Through the craftroom door!
    Hope to see you back next week!

    Aly DT member TTCRD
    www.stempelhus.nl

    ReplyDelete