Sunday, April 25, 2021

Art Journaling in my New Book!


My first entry in my new art journal; does it surprise anyone the theme is horses?  I love this stamp from Duff's Designs (now retired, I think).  It reminds me of an era long gone, but the feeling a woman has for her horse is the same now as it was 100 years ago!  I love the rustic elegance of this stamp!

I chose to start towards the middle of the book where there was a nice wood-board page perfect for my focal image and the opposing page was plain graph paper.  There's something about using ledger, notebook, and graph paper for art that really inspires me.  Probably says something about my rebellious side!  haha  I don't want to do what the paper has intended, so I do art on it!  ;)
 

I stamped and colored the image and then tore and distressed the edges.  I added lace and burlap behind the torn edge and topped with a bow.  I colored the lace and bow with dyes/inks to match the pages.  I stamped the page and found some scraps to add behind the image.  The metal stud just seemed right!  I love adding metals to laces and bows; that look really works for me!

I did some floral background stamping and color distressing to the opposing page with some horses running along the bottom of the page.  The quote is from the focal stamp set and the floral embellishment was made from some scraps on the table!  (Love it when that happens!)  Again, I dyed the scraps to match my colors.  

I can choose to write something on this page or adhere a picture of one of my guys!  Not sure which yet....maybe both!

*   *   *   

 Material List

CTMH Cardstock and graph paper for the pages in My Art Journal
Stamps: 
Focal Image is from Duff's Designs (retired)
Mixed Media stamp Julie Netting Prima
Letters from the Past from Kitchen Sink Stamps
Stay Wild from Visible Image

My Art Journal (Blog Here)
Copic Markers
CTMH Floral Embossing Folder (retired)
Fabri-Tac
Scraps off my desk:  Flower cuts, lace, ribbon
Scrap of Brown Star Fabric
Kraft paper
CTMH Metal Stud (retired)
CTMH Inks Chocolate, Cashmere, Twilight, Cocoa
Ranger Distress Oxide:  Vintage Photo, Peacock Feathers
Burlap
Flower cuts from Polkadoodles cut on Cricut Maker

 Sharing with these challenges:  

A Place to Start:  Make it Elegant (Some Rustic Elegance!)
Art Impressions:  Barn Dance
Through the Purple Haze:  Ribbons and Lace
Time Out:  Pets
We Love Chocolate Baroque:  Springtime (Spring is time to get back out with horses and ride in the fields of flowers!)  Stamping as focal point
We Love 2 Create:  AG Mixed Media
Art Journal Journey:  Inspired By...Great Horsewomen and their horses
Crafty Friends:  Ladies &/or girls
Crafty Catz:  AG with optional twist All Creatures Great and Small

Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel.

14 comments:

  1. What a great stamp for the feminine horse lover. Your coloring is wonderful. You found some great pieces to add to the image and created a really nice journal spread. The sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great journal spread. Nice stamping and paper layering. The horse and woman stamp is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey. It was fun to see. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely piece of art for your journal. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like that image a a super vintage feel with the sepia colours, many thanks for joining in with our 'Springtime' theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big but beautiful pet! Great colouring1 Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous image and colouring, fabulous page.
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Chocolate Baroque 'Springtime' challenge again, thank you;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your journal page is beautiful. Your coloring is wonderful. Thank you for playing along with the Barn Dance Challenge on the Art Impressions blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card We have a DT call is still ongoing, please check the details on the Challenge Blog if you are interested.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is definitely ONE of a kind, Katrina. You have found the perfect stamp that also goes so well with your blog name. This was simply perfect. I love all the little details, too. It's also a perfect addition for Art Journal Journey honoring Eileen's theme. Thank you for joining us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous Art Journal you made and I adore this page. I used to watch a lot of Westerns with my Dad and always loved it when there was a cow girl in them. Thanks for joining us at AJJ for Eileen's theme! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze.
    Stay safe and well.
    Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Katrina! Fabulous colouring as always!
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous spread, wild and free. As a retired accountant, I too love the ledger paper, it's crisper and a bit heavier than most. Well, unless it's 100 years old, lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete