Thursday, February 1, 2024

In The Museum at The Outlawz Twisted Thursay


  It's time for a new challenge over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday and the optional twist is:  "In the Museum!"  My piece is inspired by the art of Georgia O'Keeffe.  Her most famous skull art is probably Cow's Skull with Calico Roses, but she did several pieces of skull art including the skulls of deer, cow, horse, human, ram, etc.  

As I researched Ms O'Keeffe, I found this video (Some sensitive subject matter, but definitely explains who she was.) you might find educational!  

Obviously, I was inspired by the skull and flowers as well as her non-conformist attitude!   She also had a sort of 'go big or go home' attitude.  I took this in my own direction with a more Shabby Chic western influence and far less minimalism in my piece.  (As many of you know, CAS is usually not my "go to" form!)

  Check out the video below for the assembly of this piece!  


 Material List 

 Flowers from Polkadoodles Geek/Science Bundle
Wood Veneer from Stash (inheritance)
Buttons from Stash
Strip of Scrap Burlap
Digital Ticket from Vectoria Designs
Scraps of Lace from Stash
Twine
Pearls
Gems
Cardstock from Bo Bunny Prairie Chick Stonewashed Denim (Stash) Retired
CTMH Stamp and Thinlit Die Bloom with Grace Retired
Cereal Box Board
Copic Markers
Floral Lace from Stash
Adhesives:  Double Score Tape; Fabri-Tac; Gorilla Glue

My project is off to the following challenges:

Tic Tac Toe:  Board Below
We Love 2 Create:  AG Mixed Media
FarmQuest General Store:  AG Country
Christmas (or not) BINGO:  Board marked below
Mix It Up:  AG + optional Mixed Media
Creative Crafters:  AG papercraft
My Time to Craft:  Hobbies (This includes a couple of my fav hobbies:  I love mixed media with fabrics and such.  I also enjoy researching and learning about artists and their styles.  It's fun to peruse the internet looking for info and then celebrating an artist with my own take.)
As You Like It:  Pearls or Gems....you can't make me choose!  hahaha  Seriously, I love them both and have them both on this layout!  I love the sparkle of gems and the shine of pearls!  I enjoy coloring them both as I've colored the gems in this piece.  

Be sure to visit
for all the details about the challenge 
and to check out all fun inspiration from the DT and participants! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel.  

6 comments:

  1. Outstanding!!! Your home decor piece looks like it is reflecting US southwest/western desert geography for a museum or tourist trap! :) And the shabby chic over-the-top collage style suits for the bundles of themes you're getting accomplished! Thanks x 3 for sharing your masterpiece with MTTC, C or not Bingo, and FQGS!! Superb! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting Card. Thank you for your participation in the and Good luck.
    Greetings BAstelfeti

    ReplyDelete
  3. That´s an interessting project.
    Thanks for sharing at Friendship Challenge.
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)


    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it`s fantastic.
    Thanks for joining us at Friendship Challenge
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely a mini piece of art! Thanks so much for joining us over at As You Like It Challenge this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at My Time To Craft . Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete