Saturday, June 1, 2024

"You can quote me" over at AG in a Card Free Zone

  Time for a new challenge at The Outlawz Anything Goes in a Card Free Zone and the optional theme is...You can quote me! Use a quote or be inspired by a quote! 

I chose to highlight a moment at Mecum Auction with a digital layout featuring a quote from Chris Bangle. "Cars are the sculptures of our everyday lives!" According to BMWBlog, "He (Chris Bangle) is responsible for many great cars including the Z3, Z4 and the E63 6 Series.  However, the car that most people will remember him by is the E65 7 Series."  

Every year, my guys (husband and son) take a week to go to the Mecum Auction in Indy.  I don't go, but I send them on a hunt for photos I can use in layouts!  This year, I asked them to find a BMW Z line car since Bangle's designs are incorporated in the entire BMW lineup, including the BMW Z4, 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7 series.  The actual design credit of this particular car goes to Anders Warming...I think, but it was built on the design of Bangle??  Don't quote me on this; I'm not a car history expert...I don't even play one on tv!  hahaha

Bangle is best known for the "Bangle Butt"!  If you are interested in the history, you can find it HERE.

 Material List:
Free Digital Paper Sande
Photos taken by Kelly Brown
Digital Elements from Canva and Stash
Programs:  Canva and PhotoScapeX

My project is off to the following challenges:  

Double Trouble:  Thing 1: Father's Day or Special Male Blue Ticket; Thing 2: link with Crafter's Cafe ~ Smile and Be Happy; Thing 3 optional use Kraft type paper
Classic Design:  AG with opt Masculine
Sisterhood of Crafters:  All About the Men

Be sure to visit  Anything Goes in a Card Free Zone 
for all the details about the challenge and 
to check out all the creative inspiration from the DT and participants!

Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel.      

10 comments:

  1. Such a fun layout - I love how the digital design even allows for shadows! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know anything about cars, but this layout is really eye catching! I like the quote, although in my world I think it should say "CARDS are the sculptures of our everyday lives!" lol Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote, and beautiful car. Thanks for sharing your project at A Place To Start !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout, the Kraft with the red pop in the background is so perfect for your BMW photos. Thanks for sharing your layout with us at Double Trouble's Blue Raffle for Masculine. Double Trouble thanks you for your participation and want you to know you play a big part for the success of our 6th anniversary for our challenge and our previous partners. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katrina! Hope you are well! This is such a great layout with wonderful photos! My dad used to attend this show over in Indy as well! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Krafty Chicks Challenge! - Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. the layout is original and very beautiful, the colors match the photos perfectly. Thanks for joining Creative Knockouts Taty x DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab layout Katrina and the cars are very nice too. Great quote and love the extra digital elements. Thank you for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous layout! Your background colours and design really make those photos pop. Thank you for sharing and joining in the with us at Crafters Cafe Blog Challenge and our Smile be Happy Challenge this month.
    Karen DT

    ReplyDelete