Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hearts + Horses/Unicorns = Happy Valentine's Day!



Ok, first off, what happens in the craft room and scrapping blogs MUST stay there!  If my son found out I did this with a picture of his prize winning show mini he would simply die!

These are pictures of Keith and Charlie at some shows from years past.  Keith is now a junior studying Ag Systems Management at Purdue.  Charlie is currently working in my therapy program here on the farm.  Keith is very proud of this little mini; they have taken everything from county fair Grand Champion to 4-H Horse of the Year to various champions at miniature horse shows.  I'm sure Keith would NOT think the picture above with Smoothie colored hooves and halter would be appropriate!


Ok, I have digressed early on with this post, so I'll try to get back on track and tell you about the card.

Hearts:  That's the theme over at Heart 2 Heart (Hearts Galore) and Fantabulous Cricut Challenge (I Heart You).   I was inspired to put hearts on the card, besides how can you have a Valentine without hearts?  ;)

First off, this card is going to some of my therapeutic riding students for Valentine's Day.

I started with a Daisy White background and stamped the stars from the CTMH Unicorn Dreams stamp set.  (This set is only available when hosting a gathering.  Of course, it can be on-line!)

The hearts and Charlie's frame were all cut from the Art Philosophy Cartridge out of Gypsy, Blush and Ruby cardstock.  The patterned paper is from the new Ariana paper pack.   The hearts were embossed using the M-bossabilities Heart folder.

Now, here is the fun part!  Since I'm trying new things, I decided to print the photo in black and white and then use my CTMH Smoothie marker and color in his hooves and halter!  He sort of reminds me of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz!  Anyway, I can see this technique being used for other projects in the future with lighter colors.

The sentiment was stamped in Gypsy ink and is from the Unicorn stamp set.  I believe the yellow behind the sentiment is CTMH Buttercup.  I put a little Pink Glitter Gem bling in the corner of the picture.

Thanks for indulging my bragging on my boys!  There's only one thing worse than a mom with a child and that's a mom with a horse!

Check out Katiescorner to see the newest Idea Book and all the fun new stamps, papers and bling!


3 comments:

  1. Ahhh this is a super post, and a super card! I love that you added a photo of your son's pony to it. I also like the embossing you added to the hearts! Great story, too! Thank for joining FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Thanks for playing along at H2H!

    ReplyDelete