Friday, February 21, 2014

Cards, Mocha Gems, and Ice Cream!


Topiary and Goldrush are the colors this week over at Color my Heart!  I had a great idea, sat down to create with the stamp set, and my mind started going in a different direction!  Isn't funny how the brain works when we create?  Truth is I started a card and kept seeing the floral background already embossed with an M-Bossabilities folder on a piece of goldrush cardstock.  I finally gave in, changed stamp sets and went with it!  I just couldn't fight it!

My sweet husband gave me this stamp set for my birthday back in October.  I stamped the Remarkable Wreath on Colonial White cardstock.  I stamped it 4 times with Topiary dye ink to make it full.  Then I pulled out Cocoa Pigment ink to stamp the flowers.  The sentiment is from the Remarkable Wreath stamp set and is stamped here in Archival Black.  The little gems are retired........sad face!  I love the Mocha Gems.  Have I ever mentioned that?  Oh, yes, a million times....I know.  I bought 3 or 4 packs when I saw they were going to retire!  But enough about my love of the gems and how I'll miss them when I eventually run out!  Oh, what a sad day that will be!  I must move on or I'll have to leave this post and go drown my sorrows in some ice cream!

Deep breath, check my stash and see there are still plenty of gems left!  Whew!  Ok, back to the card...

I took that embossed piece of goldrush cardstock that was nagging me and adhered the wreath to it.  I wrapped the Topiary Chevron ribbon over it and then adhered it to the Colonial White card base.  I tied a double bow and stuck it on and presto ~~ a sweet little card for any occasion!

All of these goodies....except the Mocha Gems..... sigh..... are available from KatiesCorner!  Check it out for videos, ideas, and a great selection of papers!

I might just need to get my guys and go to DQ!  Ice cream just might be in order!

8 comments:

  1. Lovley! The embossed background is so nice with your design. Love the wreath with mocha gem accents. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty. I had the same thing happen this morning as I was creating a card with Ariana. I stamped and fussy cut arrows, doodle chevrons, and finally just used some brads. Nothing looked better than the simplicity of my beloved brads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to fall in love with an embellishment or particular paper!

      Delete
  3. Katrina, you have out-done yourself once again. Love this card! Great use of the Dare colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a simple design, but it had a certain country feel that was perfect for my "other mother's" birthday! Mother-in-law has such a mixed ring to it; so, I consider her my other mom! She liked it!

      Delete
  4. From the ribbon to the gems to the embossing, your card is just lovely Katrina! Thanks for joining the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card, and I love your bow. :) Thanks for taking the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete