Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Victorian Country Christmas


This is definitely a mash-up of my favorites:  country and Victorian.  I was inspired by the stamp set Christmas Post from CTMH.  It has to be my favorite of all my Christmas stamps right now.  I can't stop making cards with it!

I started with 3 shades of blue:  Sky, Crystal Blue and Twilight.  I stamped the pads directly on my mat, sprayed them with some alcohol, swirled the colors together and dropped the Champagne CS on it.  Then using the Twilight ink, I stamped the trees and house scened in the background.

I stamped the Post Card in Slate and the horse (an old stamp from who knows where?).  Merry Christmas was stamped in Archival Black.

The swirl embossing was done with a Cuttlebug folder on Outdoor Denim CS.  I then went over it in Slate.

Embellishments topped it off -- a little Victorian lace and pearls with some country burlap and a tulle bow.

You can find this amazing stamp over at KatiesCorner.

Challenges:

Take Heart Ideas:  Anything Goes Use CTMH
Pile it On:  Anything Goes Christmas
Sentimental Sundays:  Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment