Monday, September 7, 2020

Family Ties

 

As we continue along the way at Path of Positivity, we are exploring Family Ties.  We are creating projects that show one of our own family connections.  I chose to create a page that actually shows one of the attributes that connects my family rather than showing a connection between two individuals.

I am creating in my journal again for this challenge.  I saw this wonderful quote in the Bugaboo shop called Frame It -Courage... and that, my friends, sums up my family ties!   Yep, we are one tough bunch of characters who constantly battle something or other.  

What ties us together is the courage we all share in doing what we need to do!  This page in my book shows a pic of my horse Jake and me working through some issues with a wonderful trainer.  This is one example of when I was a bit nervous about the experience, but my family all encouraged me just to go and do it!  

In the past couple of years,  I have battled EGPA (Churg Straus), my daughter has gone a round or two with Dermatomyositis, and my mom has taken on cancer!  We've all been tough and shown courage!

My son grew up stumbling through the Autism Spectrum, but he did it with courage and strength!  I could go on and on with examples, but I'm sure you get the idea.  

Yeah, we're all pretty gnarly and courageous!  

Come share your ideas of this theme at Path of Positivity!  

  *   *   * 

Material List

Frame It -Courage  from Bugaboo  
Background:  Old Piece of Denim 
CTMH Paper Wood (retired)
Copic Markers
CTMH Inks and Stamp (retired) used on a
piece of stamped paper I found on my desk!
Denim
Snippet of lace
Old button
Metal eyelets
Twine
Adhesives:  Fabri Tac, ATG Tape Runner


 Sharing with these challenges/pages: 
Creative Artiste Mixed Media:  AG (Fabric, inks, paper, metals, fibers)
We Love 2 Create:  Mixed Media
Dare to B Artzy:  Fav color ~ Blue with Brown
Papercraft:  Animals

Be sure to come on 
over to 
and see 
what the team 
thinks about our theme!  
You can also find 
more information 
about entering 
the challenge!  

Thanks to our 
wonderful sponsors this month:

and



Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel.

4 comments:

  1. Love your journal page. Love the quote from John Wayne you added as well. Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug/Stella Says Sketch. Bonnie GDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a well designed page, love the jeans detail and the image you chose fits perfectly with the theme. Thanks for joining our challenge at Catch the Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you used jeans in this project. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irre

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work!Thanks for joinig us at papercraft-challenges.

    ReplyDelete