Monday, September 21, 2020

Happy Birthday!

As we continue along the way at Path of Positivity, we are exploring Family Ties.  We are creating projects that show one of our own family connections.  I chose to create a card for my son who just happens to have a birthday TODAY!! I am also showing another one of the attributes that connects my family...

FOOD! Sweets in particular!  We can't have a big family meal without dessert, and there are always twice as many desserts as there are side dishes!   

Cake is a big one in our family for special occasions!  If there is a birthday within weeks of a dinner, there's a big cake!      

Yeah, we're all great eaters and food brings us together for all the holidays!  

Come share your ideas of this theme at Path of Positivity!  

  *   *   * 

This card was so fun to make for my son.  Keith is in his late 20's, so making a card for him can be tough.  This sentiment was just the ticket (hee hee) for a perfect card!  I went with balloon stencils I cut on my Cricut and inked with Blues, Tans, and Greens.  Then the 'oops' happened...

I was stamping another project in the middle of this one and my black ink lid went down on my balloons!  UGH!!  Breathe,,,,I can fix this...hmmmm.  Of course, this is for Keith.  This is a farm kid who works on cars, rides horses, and wears cowboy boots 7 out of 7 days.  I'll just put a few grunge marks on there!  Whew!  

I colored the ticket sentiment from Scribbles Designs with Copic Markers, cut a couple of back up tickets, and embossed the kraft paper ticket.  I inked that one to show off the embossing a bit more.  

I added a metal eyelet and gold/tan ribbon.  


Material List

Copic Markers
Adhesives:  Fabri Tac, ATG Tape Runner
Balloon Stencil cut on my Cricut
CTMH Inks
CTMH Resist Cardstock (retired)
Black Memento Ink (hahaha)
Stripe Embossing Folder CTMH (retired)

 Sharing with these challenges/pages: 
Daring Cardmakers:  Masculine Makes
Aud Sentiments:  AG with a Sentiment
Seize the Birthday:  Die Cuts
Dragonfly Dreams:  Happy Birthday!

Be sure to come on 
over to 
and see 
what the team 
thinks about our theme!  
You can also find 
more information 
about entering 
the challenge!  

Thanks to our 
wonderful sponsors this month:

and



Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube 

6 comments:

  1. What a great card for your son! Love the background with the translucent balloons and the grungy marks, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kat,

    Love this birthday card for your son. I didn't know you had made that bg yourself. I love it! The black adds a really cool touch. It is amazing the things that we can create from 'accidents'. I hope you guys had a wonderful celebration for his birthday. We don't do desserts very often in our house since just looking at them makes me gain wait so have an extra bite of cake for me too.

    As always, thanks for being such an awesome team member at The Path of Positivity. Also, I wanted to say thanks so much for entering your creation into our Customer Gallery over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw.

    ☺Lisa D.
    Strategic Content Developer and Blog Coordinator for The Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog!
    Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!
    Owner & Co-coordinator for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
    Path of Positivity – My other challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice card, I love how you added the additional "grunge" - it looks great even if it wasn't planned! Thanks for sharing with us at Always Fun Challenges.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card for your son and I would love to receive a ticket like that, I love sweet treats too. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card -- I do love that background. Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete