Saturday, April 15, 2023

Amphibians? Yep, amphibians @ Scribbles!


 There's a new challenge posted over at Scribbles and the theme is...Amphibians.    Yep, it's true.  Now, I'm NOT a fan of these creatures...I remember from Sophomore Bio Class that frogs have vomerine teeth, and that was enough to put me off.  


I know, I mess with 1000+ pound animals that have lots of teeth; and, yes, I've been bitten by a couple of horses!  I have a German Shepherd who has the bite force greater than almost any other dog.  

You must wonder why these teeth in a frog bother me.  I don't know...ugh!  I seriously have to stifle screams when I see these guys!  

However, after pondering, meditating, therapy, and closing my eyes while I colored... I present you with Carl!  Now, don't be alarmed, but he'll be back...just wait!

 Wondering how this card came together?  Join me in this video!


*   *   * 

Material List
Digi: Scribbles Designs #307 Carl Fretted https://tinyurl.com/28xa6ytm
Copic Markers
Adhesives: ATG
Cardstock
Cricut Design Space for Layout
Cricut Print and Cut
Cricut Access: Notes from Kat Theriault; Staff and Treble Clef from Wispy Willow Designs; Font: Fontastic Fonts-DJ Terrific
Cricut Maker

 Sharing with these challenges:  
AAA Birthday:  Birthday Card with Multiple Layers
Critter Crazy:  AG featuring a Critter
Challenge Up Your Life:  Cute Animals  (I think some ppl would say frogs are cute!)
Crafty Animals:  AG using an Animal
Pearly Sparkles:  All Creatures Great and Small
Unicorn:  Add an Animal
Everybody Art:  Celebrate (Birthday for my card)
Addicted to Stamps:  Birthday
The Outlawz Songs and Rhymes:  Inspired by Birthday and "singing"

Be sure to come over and see 
what the team thinks about our theme!  
You can also find more information about entering the challenge!  


Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel.  

10 comments:

  1. Wow, such a fun card. This frog really is so adorable. I just had to smile as I looked at him. And you did such an incredible coloring. Just wonderful. Your design with these sheet music beautifully presents this amazing frog. Hope he sings just as well :).
    Thank you for submitting this awesome card to the Everybody Art Challenge.
    Hug Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Thank you for joining the Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes challenge. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun design that is sure to bring a smile to the lucky recipient. Beautifully coloured and I love your punny sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is image is so cute and fun. Loving the colors and design. Thanks for joining us at avenue613-blog.com. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni Cuttino, 613 Avenue Create , DT Coordinator
    613 Avenue Create ,Challenge Blog
    chasingthedream, My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely subtle way to add layers to your card with those different matt panels. Thanks for joining us at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super cute card!! Love it!!
    Have a great day,
    Gerda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny the things that set us off, isn't it??!! Even though this guy creeps you out, you did a fabulous job with him! And the sentiment is just too funny! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a super fun image and beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I'm no fan of amphibians either, but this one is a real cutie. Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday, I hope you'll join us in future challenges too. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fun birthday card. This sweet frog make me smile. Wonderful design too. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete