Wednesday, April 12, 2023

The Last Unicorn


Playing in one of my art journals and inspired by the challenge over at Creative Friday!  This is a new challenge site for me; I just ran across it a couple of weeks ago and I was drawn in by their themes this year.  They are looking at special dates of well known people and celebrating them.  This challenge they are celebrating the life of Vincent van Gogh and using the "Starry Night" piece as the inspiration.  


I've always been sort of intrigued by this painting and had the opportunity to see the van Gogh VR Experience at a nearby museum!  It was wonderful; I highly recommend it.

Knowing a tiny bit of van Gogh history and looking at this painting, I was inspired to create The Last Unicorn.  I included the stars and blues from the painting.  I often think of van Gogh as sort of a mystical unicorn looking for his place in our world, but belonging in a mythical place only he knew.  

Material List
Lyrics from "The Last Unicorn"  Listen to Kenny Loggins version HERE
Watercolor paper
Blue Inks
Blue Gems
CTMH Unicorn Stamp (Retired long ago)
Black cardstock
Circle mask
Embossing powders
Versa Mark Ink 

Sharing with these challenges:  
Creative Friday:  "Starry Night" van Gogh
Unicorn Challenge:  Add an Animal

Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel. 

2 comments:

  1. Katrina: The composition of your journal page is great! How you did the unicorn stamp adds that touch of magic! Thanks for sharing at TFATU! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous journal page! Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    https://thefairyandtheunicornchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete