Monday, March 1, 2021

Music...


 As we meander a Path of Positivity, we are thinking about how music affects us and our positivity.  Our optional twist is Music:  Good for the Soul!

Having been an oboist who has played and taught for many years, this challenge is near and dear to my heart!  Let me begin with my thoughts on music and positivity, then I invite you to watch my process video on my piece!

*   *   * 
Music is so very subjective!  What is positive and uplifting to one can be depressing to another.  One piece might be the one to inspire for some, but for others it can create chaos!  I can't help but think of Stravinsky's work and how it affected people at the time it was premiered.  

I personally listen to many different genres of music; depending on my mood, I find positivity of different kinds on different days!  Sometimes I just want to meditate and find positivity through peace.  That's where I want to go in this post.  When the goal is peace, I turn to the music I have studied for so many years.  One specific piece that truly touches me is a choral work by Daniel Gawthrop named "Sing Me to Heaven."  If you would like to hear it, there's a nice recording HERE and my favorite recording HERE on YouTube.  Now, I realize a requiem-type work might not be positive to many; but I am so touched by the harmonies, melody, and raw emotion of the text/lyrics.  

This gorgeous piece and the quote by St Augustine inspired this wall hanging for my music studio.

"To sing is to pray twice."  St. Augustine


*   *   *  

Now, for my Process Video!  I invite you to grab a "cuppa" and snack and join me as I share my process for this piece.  

Please come visit again on March 15th for a completely different side of my positive view on music!  You might be surprised at the next project!  ;)   We'd like
 to hear your ideas at Path of Positivity!  Come share them with us!  

Remember, you may share any sort of artistic medium over at PoP:  writing, cards, journals, scrapbooking, painting, sewing, baking, needle crafts, etc as long as it is positive!  The theme is always optional.  

*   *   * 
Frame Mat Board
Cardboard
Paint:  Black, Tim Holtz Espresso, Gold, Pearl White, other 
Bo Bunny Bronze Glimmer Spray
CTMH Gold Glitz Glitter Gel
Prima Flowers and packaging
Vinyl
Deco Foil
Burlap
Lace
Black Ribbon
Clock Button
Thread:  Gold
Ribbon
 CTMH Inks:  Champagne and New England Ivy (retired)
Black Memento Ink
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink
 Adhesives:  Scrapbooking double sided tapes, Fabri-Tac, ATG, Gorilla Glue
Cricut Access:  Keyboard (School Line Art), Music Notes, Victorian Romance Victorian Banner, Vintage Lace Wide Border, Art Philosophy Border 
Oboe (My own design) Designed in Cricut DS
CRAFT:  Inspired by a Movie ~ The Mission A wonderful movie full of religious context, gorgeous music, and of course an oboe!  Great piece of music from this movie...Gabriel's Oboe
Beyond the Blue:  Rustic Wood Background (My wood background is made from cardboard and paints!)
Bitten by the Bug 2:  AG using Cricut
More Than Words:  Carpe Diem~ I seize the day with music and creating memories!  I made my mark with Gold Glitz Glitter Gel!  ;)
Here is a Place to Start:  Use one or more of the shapes (Square, Rectangle, Circle,
TTCRD:  AG


Be sure to come on 
over to 
and see 
what the team 
thinks about our optional twist!  
You can also find 
more information 
about entering 
the challenge!  

Thanks to our 
wonderful sponsors this month:


and

Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel.

35 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! The composition is perfect and each element is the perfect compliment to its companion! The muted colors against that brilliant gold is stunning! I play the clarinet. I tried the oboe but could not managed those double reeds! Thanks for a beautiful and inspiring submission to our challenge at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work. Love all the details. Thank you for sharing it with us at Scrapping4fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation, love all the detail and pretty lace!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us. I enjoyed listening to the Choral work.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful both in content and in composition.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous wall hanging! You did such a beautiful job on it and it is so fun to look at. I love all the textures and embellishments. Music is definitely healing to the soul. Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see something other than a greeting card and your wall hanging is perfect for your studio.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow - I promise to come back and watch the video. This is an amazing piece of art. I love the sentiment. thanks for sharing your art with us at Bitten by the Bug2

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is so beautiful. What a great design and I love the sentiment. Its perfect for the design you have made. Thanks for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Barbara DT member for { World Wide Open Design Team Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful music creation using vintage items, layers, texture, papers and use of Cricut.
    Melissa BBTB2 Design Team 2021
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a beautiful way to incorporate the rustic wood background!! The music and lace is such a lovely match!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is outstanding and just a lovely piece! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.- DT Connie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card, gorgeously designed. Thanks for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenges. Best of luck in the final draw.
    World Wide Open Design Team Challenges
    Cheers, aNNie DT Member
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous project. Love the detailing. Thanks for sharing with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
    Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs,
    Mifta.
    Owner ~ MS Kraft Store
    DT ~ Scrapping4funChallenges
    DT ~ Through The Craft Room Door
    DT ~ Make the Cards Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is such a lot to see on your creation. It's lovely.

    I listen to music everyday, would be lost without it.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful piece of art! It is beautifully composed and I am in LOVE! I also absolutely love the St. Augustine you shared that inspired it! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing creation with us at BBTB2!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely piece of art and nice to see something so different.
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice project. I love all the music elements and the entire piece. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten By The Bug 2 for our Anything Goes challenge. Dorlene DT BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m also on the DT for LTCCB. Thanks for sharing it over there too. This is a beautiful and unique piece of art. Very nice!

      Delete
  19. A lovely project. I like the lace and jute fabric you have used. Thank you for sharing your lovely design with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome. I love everything about this project. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten by the Bug 2.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful mixed media piece. So many wonderful details. Thanks for joining us at Bitten by the Bug 2.

    ReplyDelete
  23. An oboist, wow! Interesting twist. I love this make, I love music, and I love positivity. I will have to hope over to the Path of Positivity. In the meantime, thank you and we appreciate your entry at Bitten by the Bug 2. Good luck in our anything goes challenge!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alicia! Yes, please come visit us at Path of Positivity! We'd love for you to share your creativity with us there!! It's always AG with an optional twist.

      Delete
  24. This is just so beautiful. Nice work here.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh this is wonderful! I love how you've expressed your passion for music. It's great to see you at More Than Words :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely gorgeous work of art! I love the golds here and how you did your markmaking with gold glitz glitter gel. Thanks so much for joining us this month at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at MTW this month.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a beautiful wall hanging project! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful Project. Thank you for joining us at MTW. Vidhi Jadeja

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful décor piece! I love the texture from the burlap. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute. Thanks for joining us at MTW challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful !
    Thanks for joining us at
    More Than Words Challenges!
    Olya Ragozina***

    ReplyDelete