Sunday, February 18, 2018

Edgy Faith/Art Journaling


A little Art Journaling this Sunday...

This layout is sort of a somewhat steampunk style mash-up of several thoughts, feelings, ideas, pictures, etc.  It loosely interweaves the lyrics from "Like A Prayer" with the verse Deuteronomy 31:6.   

I realize this might be edgy faith journaling for some, but this is where I was led today.  Faith isn't always wrapped up in neat pretty packages that makes sense!  I suppose I'm pondering several ideas here:  time, mystery, choices, strength, courage, unlocking ideas, etc.  

As well as mashing up those concepts, I have blended together several of the Polkadoodles collections for this layout.  The keys & clocks Ephemera, gears Steampunk Mirror are all from Winnie in Wonderland.  The wings, angels (cherubs), and butterflies are from Belle Papillon.  The background paper is from Winnie Special Moments and then there is Ula- Be Yourself.  




My Journal pages are off to the following challenges:  

SanDee and Amelie' Steampunk Challenges:  Steampunk (I'm new to this style, but maybe this is somewhat steampunk?!)
The Three Muses:  Lyrics
TTCRD:  AG
We Love to Create:  Mixed Media AG

  Thanks for dropping by today.  It's always great to have company!  Please feel free to peruse other pages/posts, check out my Pinterest,  or view some videos at my YouTube Channel.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful - a wonderful illustration of the lyrics. I love it (a lot).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love every small details you have added to the journal page. Lively and lovely. Thank you for joining us at the Crafter's Castle blog challenge. - Priya Satish DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page ! thank you for your participation at Sandee & Amelie steampunk challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page - congratulations!!
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete