Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Love, Passion and The Horse Whisperer


Valentine's Day is all about love and passion, so I wanted to share this layout.  It might seem odd to share this in conjunction with love, but trust me, you have to have a great passion to work with horses!  ; ) 

A little background on this journal entry:  I was in the field of therapeutic horsemanship for several years and loved it.  The last 6 years of my work was in my own barn and we had a motto ~  Think It, Feel It, Do It!  

Think about your action before committing to it!
Feel the action with the horse!  Usually this is enough to engage the horse into movement.  But if he doesn't respond, then....
Do the cue!  

So much of horsemanship is best transferred into everyday life.  If we start out by thinking about what we want to do, we have a clearer picture of what we want and we can convey it well.  If we think about how it will feel for ourselves and others, we start to create the cause and effect!  Then we can actually commit to the action once we know it is in everyone's best interest.  

Through reading and research, I found Buck Brannaman (the original Horse Whisperer from the movie and book) saying this:


If we make decisions with our head and carry them out with our heart we learn to be consistent and fair.....and that is what horsemanship is all about.

*   *   *   

About the pages:  Most of what I used on these pages, including the book itself, is from CTMH: lots of stamps, ink, letters, gems, brads, metal pieces.  There are some flowers from Prima, Paper Studio ribbon, Darice Twine and thread to complete.






My journal pages are off to the following challenges:  

Dream Factory:  Horse Whisperer Movie
City Crafter Challenge:  Books Smart ~ Inspired by a book:  The Horse Whisperer by Nicholas Evans
Art Journal Journey:  Animals from A - Z
Country View Challenge:  Anything but Cute


 Thanks for dropping by today.  It's always great to have company!  Please feel free to peruse other pages/posts, check out my Pinterest,  or view some videos at my YouTube Channel.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing done and pretty colours!

    Thanks for playing along with our Dream Factory Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    *DT* Die Traumfabrik
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    Blog-owner Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#14 - Party)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really LIKE the quote you used and the clever way you incorporated the horse. Thank you for sharing this beautiful journal spread with us at Art Journal Journey today, Katrina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right ! So much of horsemanship is best transferred into everyday life. It's the same with my dogs and with my daughter and my family or let's say - a good way for ALL ...
    it's so simple but we have to learn and to internalize the acquired knowledge.
    I am on my way to learn it just now! Hard to learn for me!
    A wonderful entry to our theme over at Art Journal Journey!
    I am pleased you linked this to our Challenge!Thank you!♥
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely journal pages with a cool horse whispered quote. Thanks so much for joining in with our anything but cute challenge over at Country View over at Country View xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages ! Thanks for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katrina! Your pages are so beautiful. I love your wonderful quote and the way you used the horse image! I love these pages so much - thanks for sharing them with all of us! Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete