Monday, February 19, 2018

Red...Power!


As we continue our series of Colors on our journey at Path of Positivity, we have come to red and I'm continuing my color tag series for 2018!

I stated earlier this month how I feel red is the color of power and I can't help but think about those ruby red slippers from The Wizard of Oz!  

Dorothy: Oh, will you help me? Can you help me?
Glinda: You don't need to be helped any longer. You've always had the power to go back to Kansas.
Dorothy: I have?
Scarecrow: Then why didn't you tell her before?
Glinda: She wouldn't have believed me. She had to learn it for herself.
Scarecrow: What have you learned, Dorothy?
Dorothy: Well, I—I think that it, that it wasn't enough just to want to see Uncle Henry and Auntie Em — and it's that — if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with! Is that right?
Glinda: That's all it is!

How often we look for strength and power when we have it all along.  

*   *   *
My 2nd tag of the year was made using Tap Dancer Feet from Ike's Art!  I copic colored the image and added Christmas Red Stickles to the shoes.  All of the papers are from my stash and the skirt die is from Cricut Special Occasion.

Be sure to come on over to Path of Positivity and see what the team thinks about red!  You can also find more information about entering the challenge!  Thanks for our wonderful sponsors this month:

My tag is off to the following challenges:   

Crafty Calendar:  2+ layers 
The Fairy and the Unicorn:  AG with optional Red
Crafting with Friends:  AG
IkesWorld Challenges:  AG with Hidden Desires Twist

Thanks for dropping by today.  It's always great to have company!  Please feel free to peruse other pages/posts, check out my Pinterest,  or view some videos at my YouTube Channel.


Tag Recap: January Blue
                 February Red

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, so imaginative, I knew what it was about even before reading what you'd said. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and Unicorn Challenge this month, Claire DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag and love the sparkly ruby red slippers-----Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Friends
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag , shoes and design, thank you for joining in with the fun at Crafty Calendar this month, we hope you will join us again next time.
    Hugs Babs x DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness - that is insanely BRILLIANT !!! :-D I absolutely love what you did with the shoes. A fabulous creation :-D I hope you might come and play at IKEsWORLD Challenges with this beauty so that more people can see it ??
    Thanks for using my image and it is a pleasure to Sponsor you all.
    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRAVO! Lovely tag! Just amazing!
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absoloutly stunning and a very clever card which is totally eye-catching :) :) :) Thank you for joining us this fortnight at IKEsWORLD, hugs DT Mimi xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea and such a unique way to craft with the Wizard of Oz. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete