Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Vintage CowGirl Lapbook/Junk Journal


Is it any wonder with a blog named ScrappyHorses I would enjoy making a Vintage CowGirl Junk Journal?  I really loved creating this project I have made for my friend who is (and always has been) a cowgirl!  I started in Pinterest saving old pictures of famous women of the west!  I've become enamored with Prairie Rose, Mable Strickland, and several others!  It was so fun reading about them and others who settled the West!

I was  very excited to find a Lapbook Style Tutorial from Mike Deakin:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPNI3oe8zoU&t=381s  The minute I watched this video, I knew this was the overall style I wanted for this journal.

Lots of tearing, sewing, and gluing of odds and ends!  The book base is made of cereal boxes and kraft paper.  Papers and embellishments are many and most are probably no longer available as they've been in my stash awaiting just the right project!  I know these are represented:  Prima, Bo Bunny, FabScraps, Tim Holtz, CTMH, and Kaiser Crafts.  I also incorporated some old jewelry, burlap, twine, buttons, inks, stamps, cheese cloth, paint, Cricut cuts, lace, copied photos from Pinterest, embossing folders, washi tapes, etc.  

Please see the video below to view the inside pages of this journal.  
There are several, so I thought it would be easier to make a video than to post them all!


My book and video are off to the following challenges:  

Dream Factory:  The Horse Whisperer
Creative Artiste:  AG Mixed Media
Art Journal Journey:  Animals from A-Z (Horse)
We Love 2 Create: Anything Creative/Mixed Media
Get Creative Challenges:  use Washi or Ribbon (I used both in this book)
Pile It On:  3-D Embellishments
Country View Challenges:  Anything but Cute


 Thanks for dropping by today.  It's always great to have company!  Please feel free to peruse other pages/posts, check out my Pinterest,  or view some videos at my YouTube Channel.

10 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic Junk Journal - thanks for the video as well-- AMAZING!
    You made us really happy to have linked to Art Journal Journey!
    Fabulous ! Thank you very much !
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adorable Vintage CowGirl Junk Journal! Your cowgirl must be very glad and proud to get such a beautiful Lapbook! I enjoyed the video - inide I saw another animal, a deer!
    So many lovely details, fantastic!
    Thank you for sharing this absolutely amazing book with us at Art Journal Journey!
    Wish you a happy day!
    Rike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply MAGICAL, Katrina. I love your junk journal. I make them, too, but mine aren't nearly as well done as yours. Sewing always makes me smile, and it adds such a special touch, too. So glad you shared the video, because it brought all the pages to life. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful new book with us at Art Journal Journey. The horses stole the show in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful journal cover Katrina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really amazing! Wonderful

    Thanks for playing along with our Dream Factory Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    *DT* Die Traumfabrik
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    Blog-owner Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#14 - Party)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ein wunderschönes Werk ist das geworden, genau richtig zum Thema, danke dir für deine Teilnahme bei der Traumfabrik, liebe Grüße Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous journal. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog this month.
    Good luck
    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Lapbook looks gorgeous! Thanks for showing us at Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful vintage lapbook!!! Thank you for joining the February challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful notebook!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete