Friday, January 3, 2014

Cowgirl's Memories

The memories of this cowgirl must be amazing with her map, letters and photograph!

I have been stuck in "retro" lately using older paper hiding in the bottoms of drawers.  I've sort of challenged myself to combine them with new technology or techniques.

Here I've put some retired CTMH patterned paper and stamp set "Yeehaw" with CTMH's newest Cricut cartridge "Artbooking."  There are also cuts from "Art Philosophy" and "Old West."

This stamp set has made several appearances on projects donated to 4-H auctions, cards sent to my riding buddies, and now this card.  It is being joined with others to go to another horse group auction.  Who doesn't need some cards in their stash, right?

I also used CTMH's "Universal" stamp set for the letter behind the picture.  I embellished with ribbon from the bag and a stud from CTMH Rosewood Mini-Medley Accents.

 The paper inside is a very light tan polka-dot I found in my drawer.  Not sure of the brand on it.  The little strip at the top is from a retired CTMH, but I can't remember the name of it either; might be Dakota?
The little saddle, along with the map and hat, were "penned" with blue & copper gel markers.




These cold, wintery mid-western days and nights are just perfect for sitting around a fire drinking cocoa and sharing memories of warmer days out on the trails!  So, my cowgirl is on her way over to the silver screen at Curtain Call  where the challenge is to create something you are smitten about this time of year!  I guess you could say I'm smitten with reminiscing!

I'm also sharing these memories with Color My Heart this week --even though I'm not sure the colors are all there. The calico print has several blues, but I'm not sure they are the exact colors: Pacifica, Lagoon and Sky!  Closest I could get to -as my cowgirl would say- "get 'er dun!"

4 comments:

  1. Cute card! The browns really bring out the blues in a different way. Thanks for playing the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Color My Heart again. We always love seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cowboy theme! Very cute and good choice of brown tones to pop the blue! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card. I love the layers and all of the textures. Thanks for taking the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete