Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I've NEVER done anything like this before! ; )


This is really "out of the box" for me!  I've never done a card or layout like this!  But the challenge over at Bitten by the Bug 2 is to use cricut cuts as stencils, so here we go.........

I started with white cardstock and then started randomly sponging ink around 'scrap cuts'!  I chose some discarded cricut cuts from my pile of papers.  You know, the left over pieces from when you cut hearts and scallops and clouds and such.  They make perfect templates/stencils!  Then after sponging in the flowers, scallops, and hearts I decided to get out the gel pen and color some of the shapes.  I filled in all the empty space with ink.

I used Archival Black and stamped the unicorn to look like a mystical shadow!  I used Lagoon Pigment ink for the Dream sentiment and added sparkle with the Teal Glitter tape in the corner.  I still have blue gems left over from the wedding ~~ I'll have those forever!~~ so I added those in the scallops.  I decided the stars around the horn needed some dots of glue and glitter.

The little hearts were left over from Valentines!

The card front is adhered to a Buttercup card base.  The card base was embossed with a Heart M-Bossability folder.

I have to say, this was FUN!  I'm giving this to one of my teen-aged girls who helps in my therapeutic horsemanship program.  She just had surgery on her hip and we're all praying for a speedy recovery for her!

Here's the supply list!  You can find all the CTMH (highlighted in yellow!) items at KatiesCorner!

Unicorn Dreams Stamp Set  Hostess Set: Contact Katie for Details!! 
Homemade stencils (heart and flower shapes) from Art Philosophy
Hearts ~ Ruby cardstock and Art Philosophy
Lagoon Pigment Ink
Archival Black Ink
Teal Glitter Tape
Dye Inks:  Gypsy, Cotton Candy, Lagoon, Sunset, & Blush 
Cardstock:  White Daisy & Buttercup
Liquid Glass:  used to adhere gems

Stash items:  blue gems, gel pens, and M-Bossability folder, glue, glitter, ATG gun

8 comments:

  1. Great job for your first time using stencils!!! I've never done that either - but should give it a try! I think your card is so fun and whimsical! Thanks so much for joining us over at BBTB2 this week!!!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card!!! I so love how you used all of the 'stencils'! The colors are wonderful. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Stencil' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love all the stenciling you have going on!! So cool how it turned out and I love that it was mostly scrap cuts left over. Love the colors in this card and love the horse. How sweet to give it to the girl who had surgery. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the soft muted colors and the pretty shapes you used for your stenciling. It really is very whimsical. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card came out great! What a great idea to use different scraps on your card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It rally did turn out mythical and magical. Great job, glad this was really a challenge for both of us. That for joining us a BBTB2

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and colorful card! Thanks for joining BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a truly fun and very pretty and bright card !!! I am so glad you tried something different , it looks great !!! Thank you for sharing with us at BBTB2 !!

    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete