Monday, April 21, 2014

Sometimes "Once Upon a Time" needs no words when......


............the princess is feeling a bit bored or disgruntled!  


I LOVE this picture!  Her body posture and expression are definitely worth a thousand words.  I suppose a wedding can get a little long when you're looking forward to an ice cream social after the service!  

Once Upon a Time is the theme for the Heart 2 Heart Challenge this week!  How fun is that?!  I'm sure we all have some storybook pictures to scrap or wedding/anniversary cards to make.  This is the perfect challenge for it!

I have been somewhat mesmerized by mixed media tutorials lately and decided to take a very simple approach towards it.  Everything you see here is from CTMH except the Mod Podge.  

First I inked up the sides of the canvas with Smokey Plum, Sky, and Blush.  I chose my papers, tore them on the diagonal and distressed the edges with Smokey Plum ink.  I then coated the canvas with Mod Podge and stuck down the papers.  I coated papers with with Mod Podge and laid down the picture.  I gave it all one more coat of Mod Podge including the photo.

Once it was all dry, I decorated using beautiful embellishments from CTMH.  


My Creations 6" x 6" Canvas 
Papers:  Ivy Lane & Ariana 
Baker's Twine Neutral Metallic 
Sparkle Flourishes Small
 Ivy Lane Assortment 
Licorice Opaque Gems (retired) 
Base and Bling Storyteller and Thinker 
Liquid Glass

Visit KatiesCorner for your scrapbooking, card-making, and mixed-media art supplies!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this picture and the way you showcased it for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katy! She is a cutie! I'm loving that Ivy Lane "script" paper; it is so perfect for many projects. So... cutie + pretty paper........how could I go wrong?

      Delete
  2. Katrina, this is the most gorgeous display! I adore the way you used that baker's twine!!! Keep your once upon a times alive with pictures because all too fast they grow up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amie! Yep, they grow so fast I've only had my sweet little grand-girl for a couple of years and I can't believe how much she has changed!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete