Monday, December 7, 2015

Believe



Believe--what a tough concept in this age of proof and explanation!

I ponder on the scene of shepherds watching over their flocks and keeping an eye out for predators.  Sheep are not the brightest of animals and their lack of intelligence is only surpassed by their filth.  Therefore, we might surmise shepherds were probably not the most respected citizens in the bible!  Yet, the beautiful star appeared to them and they followed.

Wow, what true believers they were; they see a star and an angel and they believe!  What a truly beautiful part of the Christmas Story for generations to come.

* * *

This beautiful Shepherd image is from Fresh Brewed Designs ~ one of the generous sponsors for the challenge over at Path of Positivity where the theme is Believe!  What a great theme for this time of year as we celebrate Christmas, Hanukah, and other holidays dear to our hearts.  

Card details:  

I started with the image and scanned it into Cricut Design Space where I used Print and Cut.  My first print was attached to a rectangle, the second was printed at the same size but the shepherd and sheep were cut.  This gave me the option to use 3-dimensional tape and pop the image off the background.  

My background and star were sponged with CTMH inks.  The center star is a Cricut cut heat embossed with gold powder.  To achieve the texture on the shepherd's robe, I stamped the pattern in a couple of colors, added some water color pencil, and then went over the robe with a Copic.  

I loved this image so much, I did it again with a different technique.  I printed a copy of the text from the bible with the image over it.  I inked it with many of the same techniques.  I distressed the edges to give it a more "shepherd(y)" look!  ; )  I did take out the grass because it made the text difficult to see.

So, now it's your turn to share your thoughts on "Believe."  Maybe it's faith based, maybe it's a philosophy, or maybe it's believing in yourself!  Click on over to Path of Positivity to check out the theme, DT inspirations and all the wonderful prizes being offered by our sponsors this month!  I believe you'll be glad you did!  


2 comments:

  1. Katrina, your coloring is amazing. I love the technique in the 2nd card too. It reminds me of bible art journaling.

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog post. I am happy to be serving with you on the PoP design team this month.

    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Katrina! LOVE the coloring and the second card is just as lovely... :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete