Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Shapes



It's a new challenge over at Digi Choosday and we are sharing some shaped cards this week.  Our Challenges are always Anything Goes for all of your wonderful entries!  

I have been so enamored with the Lavender Tea Collection from Polkadoodles and decided the time had come to create using one of the beautiful floral images.  I have combined it with the teacup cut from the same collection.  (By the way, there are several lovely cuts in this collection if you enjoy 3-D cuts!)  This cut folds at the top and bottom to form a closure in the back.  Be on the lookout for this used in a larger project coming soon!  

I tried something a little different for me using Tombow Markers and Marvy Brush Markers to create a water color effect.  I scribbled off color onto a tile and used it like watercolor.  My images were printed off onto the teacup shaped Mixed Media paper cut in Design Space.  After coloring/painting, I adhered that to some beautiful paper from the Helga Hippo Paper Heaven 3 and added some twine.  

*   *   *   

Hey, have you ever wanted to be a Guest Designer with us over at Polkadoodles?  Check out the Digi Choosday page for the details!  





Be sure to head over to Digi Choosday and check out the amazing projects from our team!  Then come share what you are crafting; we'd love to see it!  Remember, when you visit the Digi Choosday Site to pick up your discount code to Polkadoodles; it's good all day today....Tuesday!  It's a great way to pick up those digi's you've had your eye on!  While you're there, you might want to sign up for the Newsletter so you never miss out on special events!

My teacup is off to the following challenges: 
Crafter's Cafe:  Tic, Tac, Toe~ Twine, Pattern Paper, Flowers


Thanks for dropping by today.  It's always great to have company!  Please feel free to peruse other pages/posts, visit my Pinterest,  or view some videos at my YouTube Channel.

8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Katrina! I love the tea cup design and the flowers are beautiful.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Thank you for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "TTT" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh just gorgeous... I love everything with a tea theme x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely...another one of my favorite collections..

    ReplyDelete