Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Little Black Dress ~~ Recital Ready!


Ok, again with the music!
(Reference October 1)

The theme this week at Heart 2 Heart:  Close to my Heart Challenge Blog is Little Black Dress!  I'm sure for the majority of women this conjures up happy memories of fun times:  exciting dates, rehearsal dinners, the theater, etc.  However..........

I can't think the color black in clothing choices without thinking "gig work"!  Having been a performance major in college and a freelance/chamber musician for the past 30 years, I've come to know black dress as the work uniform.  My closet is full of black; people often ask if I work in a funeral home.  I have to chuckle at this one because I am a child of a two generation owned mortuary!  Since my grandparents lived above the business, I spent many a day there.  So many memories and stories ........but, I have digressed; back to the theme!

For me, the 'little black dress' is not a clothing choice I make for social events.  (Actually, most of my social events take place in the barn; ah, but I have digressed....yet again!  I'll try one more time to stay focused on the topic!)

I chose the music theme because for me that is the black dress!

I used CTMH Black and Daisy White cardstock.  I stamped with CTMH Universal Backgrounds and heat embossed with silver embossing powder.  The silver ribbon is from the 'bag-o-ribbons' and the red and silver cardstock were in scrap drawers; not sure of the brands of these.  I cut my red cardstock to size and used a Fiskars corner punch.

I used the M-Bossabilities folder on the white cardstock.

You can visit KatiesCorner for  great CTMH products!

1 comment:

  1. Love that embossed background and your version of a little black dress! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete