Sunday, March 9, 2014

Motherly Advice from Dr. Seuss


Three birds involved in a discussion about individuality!  Mom is teaching her young ones an important lesson about being yourself!  This advice (sentiment) from Dr. Seuss is included in the CTMH Stamp set You Are My Happy.  It was a special promotion in 2013.

I was inspired by Color My Heart (Sky, Topiary and Sweet Leaf) and Triple Play over at Heart 2 Heart!  I have a triple-triple play:  3 birds, use of the word 'you' 3 times in the quote, and 3 colors beside black and white.

I started with my Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the card base and the tags.  For the card base I hid the holes on one end of the card.  When I folded it, you could then see the green through the holes.  I cut a second card base in Daisy White and cut off the bottom third without the holes to use inside the card.  This way the white shows through and I have a place to write.  I'm not sure if I'll use this as a Mother's Day, Birthday, or a note card.

The birds are found in the Home Decor Cartridge.  I found them last week when I was scouting for a bird image to use in Through the Window of a Dressmaker's Shop layout.  I didn't use this image there, but I thought it was so cute!

I embossed the front of the card base with an M-Bossabilities Floral Folder.  Then I embossed the white background and the Sky tag with the CTMH Dot folder.  I sanded the Topiary card base and this made the pattern show through.  I followed that with sponging over the pattern with Sky ink.  The ribbon and bow are Topiary from CTMH.  The birds were cut from Sky and Sweet Leaf.  The little gem holding the tags is a Sweet Leaf color from the CTMH Aqua Dots.  I used Licorice opaque gems for the eyes.  The little blue gems are left over from Katie's wedding!  Sky and silver were her wedding colors.

Speaking of Katie, if you are interested in checking out any of the CTMH products, you can see them at Katiescorner!

9 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love that quote, too. Good use of color for the color dare. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, I love the 3 little birds! Thanks for playing along at H2H challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable image of mama bird and babies with the Dr. Seuss quote! I like all your triple play features using the Color Dare Colors. Thanks for playing along with us again at Color My Heart Color Dare!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice on a great card! I love your miniature Partridge Family! :) Thanks for joining the Color Dare this week, Katrina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Gretchen, you made me laugh so hard. My brain didn't even go there until you said it! Thanks for adding some levity to my day!

      Delete
  5. This card is sooooo cute! Those birds a very "Seussian." Thank you for joining us on the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes! This is where my brain was when I chose these birds! Although, referring back to Gretchen's comment, the Partridge Family reference was a good one! haha

      Delete
  6. Very cute little birds. Thanks for joining the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute card, I love that saying!!!
    Thanks for playing at H2H

    ReplyDelete