Friday, August 29, 2014

Inspired by........SWEET!



Inspired by Food!  Wow, that is a dangerous place for me to go! There's not enough paper from CTMH to scrap all the breads, pastas, burgers, coffee, peanut butter treats, mochas, and ice cream I have eaten over a lifetime!  I've been thinking about a card or layout over the past week and too many ideas came to mind.  I suppose I should add at this point the challenge at Heart 2 Heart has been "Inspired by......"  all month and this week it was FOOD!  Yum!

So, I went into my photos and found this one from Katie's wedding last summer.  Hmmm.......two cuties eating cotton candy.  Cant' go wrong there!  Next I went in search of some fun cuts in Cricut DS.  I chose elements from:  Kate's ABC's, Paper Lace, Country Fair, and of course one of the CTMH cartridges, Artiste!  Next, I laid it all out in DS using the sketch from Atlantic Hearts.  It really did look more like this sketch until I got my grubby little hands on all the embellishments!  I hope you can see some similarity!

Since I was scrapping a wedding pic, I decided to get out some of the blue satin ribbon that is still hanging around -- and will be for generations to come -- along with some of the left over blue gems.
I gathered lots of other embellishments from CTMH along with pigment inks, embossing powder, glitter, seam binding, washi tape, glue, tulle from the wedding, Create a Shade Pearl paint, CTMH papers, homemade texture paste and stencil, etc.

Before placing any elements, I glued my piece of paper from Balloon Ride (retired) onto a piece of heavier cardstock.  I knew I wanted to use some glue on this project and texture paste, so I wanted it a little more substantial than normal.

I started by gluing down the ribbon a little at a time and wrinkling it.  The glue darkened where it contacted the ribbon, but that was ok with me.  I glued in the second ribbon to make the inverted V and wrinkled it a bit.  I left that to dry and prettied up my elements with inks, paints, glitters, etc.

I did a little background stamping with the CTMH Sweet and Lovely stamps and the sentiment is from CTMH Huntington Scrapbooking Workshop.  I used a stencil I cut from Artbooking with my texture paste.

I honestly can't tell you names of all the embellishments; I'll give you a guess:  Base and Bling, Color Ready Seam Binding,  Chantilly,,,,,, hmm, I think that' all I can name!  Some of the packaging was gone.

Only a few more days in August to check out the Inspired by...... at Heart 2 Heart and only a few days left to get that cute Owl stamp of the month from KatiesCorner!


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout.. love the colours.. thanks for joining us at the AHSC..
    Laura D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous layout and I love that background stamping! Thanks for playing along with us at AHSC and H2H challenges, great job combining the two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina, this is just darling. What a great job you did showcasing this pic!! Thank you for taking time to play alon with us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout. Love the soft cotton candy colors. Thank you for joining us at AHSC. Hope to see you for next weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really think this is a great layout. Love that you were able to use the sketch for inspiration. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, and we hope to see more of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful girls and love seeing a layout! Nice layering! Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I love seeing the sketches used as layouts, I try to whenever I can. The girls are certainly sweet and adorable. Thanks for playing along with AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to see a layout of this sketch! I did a layout as well this week. This is just wonderful - Glad you played along AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page, not a scrapper, but this is perfect for that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a super cute creation! You nailed this sketch and I love that you did a layout. Thanks for playing along at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty layout :)
    Thanks for playing along at H2H

    ReplyDelete