Monday, September 15, 2014

Most Beautiful Pumpkin Baby!


As I was looking through some old photographs, I found this one and fell in love with it!  It is a picture of my grandma when she was Most Beautiful Baby in the Big Pumpkin Show 1912.

What better time to scrap this picture with it feeling so much like fall outside and so many of the challenges are being inspired by the crisp, cool air.

I started with the picture and ran with a fall / pumpkin theme.  (I almost always use this technique for my layouts.  They are usually inspired by the pictures I choose.)  I'm assuming this was some sort of festival or fair and found the Jubilee paper where there were tickets on the paper.  I cut those out and then went to the Cricut Design Space to find oak leaves, acorns, pumpkins, tickets, banners, etc.

Cricut Cartridges include:  Art Nouveau, Art Philosophy, October 31st, Pretty Pennants, Holiday Cakes, and Celebrate with Flourish.

 The bottom sentiment is part of the strip from CTMH Huntington paper.  This really fun background is from the CTMH Fundamentals.


 I used a couple of my favorite techniques on this layout.  One is I combined cuts from many different cartridges.  The second technique is inking.  I love to ink everything.  If my hands aren't stained by the end of the session, I haven't had enough fun!  I usually cut  all my images from 4-5 different colors and then vary them with inks and stamping.  I use sponges, daubers, my fingers, stamps, pieces of cloth, baby wipes, my shirt.......hahaha!  Whatever is laying close is fair game for inking!

I believe on this project I actually used around 7-8 different papers and/or card stocks for cutting in addition to the fundamentals I used as the background for my picture and the base of the LO.

Of course, then there are the mocha gems.  I love those; when I saw they were being discontinued, I bought several packages.  Other CTMH embellishments include:  Sparkle gems tan and Rosette Ribbon.  I colored the ribbon with homemade glimmer mist and tucked it under the flower and acorns in the upper right hand corner.  I also sprayed the right hand corner and the left edge with chocolate glimmer mist.

Stamp sets include:  CTMH Universal Backgrounds.

I had to leave the journaling banner empty for now.  I need to talk to my dad and see what he knows about this picture.  Someone else had written my grandma's name on the picture.  This was interesting since I had always known her as Kathryn.  I have to assume this was my great-grandmother's writing because it is not Grandma's penmanship.  Of course, it could have been one of her sister's writing.  She was the youngest of several girls.

Ok, enough speculation!

This is going off to the following challenges:
Heart 2 Heart - my favorite techniques
123 Get Scrappy - Tic, Tac, Toe  Grid (Leaves, Brown Background, Long Title)
Bitten by the Bug 2 - Use any Cricut cut
Leaves, Brown, Long Title
Exploring Cricut - Fall Cuts

All CTMH is from Katiescorner.

12 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful layout !!!! I love the colors , design and die cuts !!! Thank you so much for joining us at BBTB2 !!! I hope you join us again and have a wonderful day !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous layout Katrina!!!! Love all the wonderful details and thanks for joining me this week at Exploring Cricut and More.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Katrina!! I love the flowers, the tickets, the papers and that beautiful photo!!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Celebrate Cricut' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous layout! I love all the die cuts you have used and I love all your inky goodness. That picture is priceless and I'm happy that you scrapped it for future generations. So cool to have pics like these. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From a fellow "inker 'till your fingers turn brown", great layout! Thanks for linking up to H2H this week showing your favorite techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout. How special is that picture!! Love it. Thanks for entering Bbtb this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous layout and beautiful picture!! I love the layout design and all the amazing cuts. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a perfect page! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 1-2-3 Get Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, I love the fall colours and they work so well with the picture. Thanks for playing along with H2H challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the different diecut pieces! My inky fingers say great layout! Thanks for joining our challenge @ H2H Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout! Wonderful use of details with the die cuts! Cute photo too! Thanks for jointing us over at 123 Get Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layout!!!! Love all of the diecuts you used! Thanks for joining us at 1~2~3 Get Scrappy!!

    ReplyDelete