Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Good Day to Say Thanks!


Inspired by the Color My Heart Colors this week, I designed a TY card for my guy to send.  He always asks if there is something appropriate in 'the store' for him to send out to family or colleagues.  This time I needed to make one!

I started with Champagne CS and stamped the tree trunk from Huntington Workshop stamp set.  I stamped the Good and Day.  The I put in my brick pattern with Chocolate ink using a homemade stencil made from Artbooking.

I stamped the leaves in Chocolate and colored over them with Olive and a touch of Sorbet.  Some of the leaves are stamped in Cranberry Pigment ink.  I stamped the thank you (an old Studio G stamp) in Pacifica and then stamped over it in Archival Black to give it more depth and prominence.

I distressed the edges with scissors and inked it with Cocoa pigment ink.  I layered it on top of some olive patterned paper from Ivy Lane; that is on top of an embossed piece of Sorbet CS.  I used the CTMH Woodgrain folder and then rubbed my Chocolate stamp pad over the raised areas.  My card base is Olive.  I finished it off with a Baker's Twine Olive bow.

All CTMH from Katiescorner!

3 comments:

  1. Love the tree with falling leaves idea! Very pretty and great details to accent it. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart! We love seeing your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you rubbed the ink on the raised area. I have so much trouble with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card. I really love all the textures with the wood and the bricks. Thank you for joining Color My Heart!

    ReplyDelete