Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Happy Birthday Halloween Girl!


I have a student who celebrates a Halloween birthday.  This little cutie witch is going to be perfect for her!

I was inspired by several challenges for this one.

Heart 2 Heart  - Midnight challenge
Color My Heart - Thistle and Sunset
Fantabulous Cricut - Halloween
Retrosketches - Sketch

I turned to the CTMH Scaredy Cat papers for this one; have I mentioned how much I love those papers?  Those papers with the "Halloween Greetings" stamp set is a 'spooktacular' match!  The little witch is stamped, heat embossed and colored with markers.

Now I have to say I hate fussy cutting, so I scanned in the images from the stamp sheet and imported them into my Cricut Design Space!  Then the Cricut cut it for me and I stamped the cuts!  The little curlycues on the watch didn't work well for me, so I cut those off.  There were some areas that didn't ink due to my being off a bit, but it was easy enough to just black them out with ink.  I love the new cut features on the Cricut!

The pocket watch is from "Key Moments" stamp set.  Something about the midnight hour and the look on the little witch's face tells something is up!  I added a few little gems, sequins, and ribbon from my stash and the card is complete.

All CTMH is from KatiesCorner.

6 comments:

  1. Spooktacular card! I love the addition of the pocket watch, it goes great with the whole feel of your card. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card for the birthday girl, Katrina. I'm sure she loved it! Thanks for sharing it on the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Halloween card, Katrina! Glad you played along with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card for a Halloween birthday! Thanks for joining us in this week's H2H Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card, I love that little witch! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    Brandi R
    Heart 2 Heart Challenges DT member
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete