Monday, October 27, 2014

Pumpkin Patch Fall Classic 2014


Our weekend was full of excitement here!  Our horsemanship program, PATCH by Design had its fall horse show!  Nine participants ranging in age from 3 1/2 to 15 showed horses in three different classes.  We had one riding class, a showmanship class and an in-hand freestyle class set to music with costumes!  We followed it up with a pitch-in banquet and awards.  It was a great day full of joy!


When I first saw the Scaredy Cat paper from CTMH, I was inspired to make the programs for the show.  (I have to say, this is one of my favorite paper collections in the new idea book!  I fell in love with this one the moment I saw it!  I know Halloween is upon us, but I think I'll order more just because I love the Thistle!)  I was unsure of the program design until I saw this pumpkin card in the new Artfully Sent cartridge.  I wanted an interesting, fun program that would easily come together since I needed several of them.  This fit the bill since the Cricut and my computer did all the work!  I did color the pumpkin, glue the leaves, staple it, and tie the ribbons.  Ribbon is from Michaels.

The text on the right is from CTMH Artiste written with the Cricut Violet pen.  Leaves were cut from the CTMH Artbooking.

There were  six pages in the program listing the classes, names of exhibitors, benefactors, program schedule, etc.


 "Think it, feel it, do it" is sort of our motto here when working with horses.  We serve children and teens with learning disorders, different life situations, ASD, DS, and other challenges.

I can't show pictures of the kids showing, but I can share a picture of the horse they named Horse of the Year!  This is Thunder.  The picture below was taken of him at the awards ceremony standing in front of the crowd.  He was certainly the star!

I was so proud of all the kiddos, horses, and my amazing team who give so much of themselves every week!  I am so blessed to watch horses change lives; it's a fascinating miracle!

The Amazing Thunder and my son Keith.  
This project fits the challenge over at Color My Heart since the colors there this week are Thistle and Sunset!  It is also going over to Fantabulous Cricut Challenge since this program cover really was made from a Halloween card cut!

If you are like me and love this paper collection, you can check it out at KatiesCorner!  Oh, by the way, I had nominated Miss Katie to do an All About Me sort of page and it's up at Katie's Corner!  Check it out!

6 comments:

  1. What a super fun event and the card fits the challenge perfectly. I love it. Love horses to.
    Thank you for joining FCC “Halloween” challenge this week. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L. DT member for FCC
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful program, Katrina! What a great way to use your Cricut for such a great cause-love the work you do with the kids and horses! Thanks for joining us today at FCCB Halloween challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frightfully Fun Card! I love how you coloured the patterned paper pumpkin and the purple leaves give a great touch to the design. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, Katrina! Love the program, the cause & the horses! Thank you for joining us at FCCB!

    Diana ♥
    Leelee Card Designs
    FCCB Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, I really like the orange and purple together! Thanks for joining our challenge at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect card for your event, Katrina! Thanks for joining the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete