Monday, August 22, 2016

Flowers in Water!



I was playing with several different ideas with this card.  It's a collage/freestyle sort of piece including some different mediums, textures, and ideas.  I've been reading and studying different styles in art and wanted to give it a try.

I combined the style study with a video by Sandy Allnock about coloring water in vases/jars and wanted to give that a try.  So here is my attempt at coloring water, flowers, candlelight, and a glass jar!  

Yes, this entire card was a learning experience/experiment, but it was a lot of fun to play with the concepts!  

Material List:
CTMH Cardstock/Paper:  Colonial White, Seaside (retired)
CTMH Inks:  Hollyhock, Flaxen, Sorbet, Champagne
CTMH Embellishments:  Clear Sparkles, Bitty Sparkles, Brad from Mini-Medley Accents Antique Gold (retired)  
Other Embellishments:  Scraps of lace/ribbon and fabric, Darice Twine, Bo Bunny Copper Glitter Paste, Bo Bunny Bronze Shimmer Spray, Old Copy of Music
CTMH Stamp:  Candlelight Garden (SOTM now retired) colored with Copic markers
CTMH Cartridges:  Artiste and Art Philosophy

I'm sharing my experiment with:
Between the Folds:  Water (water in my jar)
TTCRD:  AG
Pile it On:  Include Die Cuts as Embellishments

Thanks for stopping by to visit; I'm always happy you came!  Feel free to peruse other posts/pages, check out the current specials at CTMH, or click over to my YouTube Channel for some crafty videos!  


7 comments:

  1. Katrina, it is so nice to see one of your projects!! I love the beautiful jar of flowers. Just gorgeous. In fact everything about this card is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card. It's fun to try out new things and technique's. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice of you to share your new talents with us. Wonderful work. Love the layers and colors. Thanks for joining our Bitten by the Bug challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love how you used different materials and lots of layers to a lovely flower image.

    Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On #115 and hope to see your projects again soon. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card! I would say your experiment is a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful. Love your colouring job on those flowers. Thank you for inspiring us at Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on the water theme, and this card is just perfection! I love the different layers and textures. Great job and thanks for sharing with us this week at Between The Folds.

    ReplyDelete