Ok, recovered as in 'has a new cover' not as in 'was lost and now found'! hahaha
The Twist over at Twisted Thursday is Anything Goes, so I decided to try a technique new to me I saw over at Chana's site Redora Lee Designs.
I did mine a bit differently since I was covering a larger book. I covered the entire book with rolled kraft paper and then used a piece of Kraft cardstock for the actual floral piece.
I dampened the CS with the glycerin/water spritz and crumpled; repeat; repeat. I ran it through my embossing and lost the crumpled affect. Hmmm..... Maybe it was the CS I used, or maybe something else, but I went with what I created. I rubbed over the embossing with inks and sprayed with Aleene's Acrylic Sealer.
Next, it was just a matter of adding the closure, embellishments, and binding cover.
Thanks Chana for this idea! I'm excited to try some other projects using this technique!
I'm sending my journal off to the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create: Opt twist Totally Technical
We are sponsored this month by Through the Craft Room Door! TTCRD has monthly challenges and a super online magazine with tutorials, inspiration and freebies!
Thanks for dropping by today. It's always great to have company! Please feel free to peruse other pages/posts or view some of my videos at my YouTube Channel.
Be sure to check out what the rest of the TT team has designed! Our twist is At the Movies, but the twist is always optional; so really anything goes! Be sure to share with us whatever is in your workspace; we'd love to see it!