Sunday, December 17, 2017

Mixed Media Guest!



Amongst all the holiday excitement, I get to share with you all through the mixed media challenge over at We Love 2 Create!  This is a gorgeous challenge site with tips, inspiration, tutorials, and lots of beautiful mixed media of all kinds!

My creation is a layout in my faith journal.  I was inspired by the verse from Exodus in conjunction with this wonderful Winnie image ~ Bearing Gifts!  I'm no literary/religious scholar, but for me this verse is a reminder of how we are all entrusted with talents and I especially liked this for mixed media since it talks about stones, metals, woods, and crafts!

All of this inspired me to cut the trees from a plaid fabric and add gems, sequins, and pieces of gold and silver chains to them.  The trunks of the trees are cut from wood veneer.  

Winnie is Copic colored and I added sparkly glues/gels to the crown.  






Winnie (Bearing Gifts) and the trees (Winnie Winterland Digis) are from Polkadoodles Winnie in Winterland Bundle.  The background paper is from Winnie White Christmas.  




I am so grateful to share with you over at We Love 2 Create and thank the wonderful team for inviting me to participate!

My journal pages are off to:
A Inky Mess:  AG Mixed Media
Classic Design Team:  AG
Crafty Girls Creations: AG
Jo's Craft Shack:  AG

Thanks for dropping by today.  It's always great to have company!  Please feel free to peruse other pages/posts, visit my Pinterest,  or view some videos at my YouTube Channel.

1 comment:

  1. Wow love this project Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete