Monday, January 7, 2019

Inspiring Peace


As we start the journey of a new year at Path of Positivity, we are pondering Inspiration this month and the idea is to make a project with the purpose of uplifting or motivating someone.  Well, I suppose I felt I needed some inspiration here at the start of the year!  

I chose to use this beautiful image, Peace Dove, from Ike's Art in some Bible journaling.   

I felt it would illustrate the verses in Philippians 4:4-9 quite nicely.  I am motivated to work on making our home and my life as peaceful as I can.  


I used colored pencils to color the peace sign and the olive branch.  Then I went with Inktense pencils to "water color" the blue.  When it came time to highlight the text, I drew over it with my Inktense pencil and then wiped over it the verses with a baby wipe.  

The funny/ironic part of it was when I did this, I couldn't get the color to go over the text: "put it into practice."  This made me smile and I quit trying to add color to that part.  It seemed to point out to me, you won't get it, but PRACTICE it anyway!  hee hee  Being a musician, I know there are many pieces I can work on over and over, but there is much to be gained from the practice even if I NEVER get it exactly right!  And the good news for me is, as long as I put these good things into practice, the God of Peace will be with me!  

So, now I'm motivated to practice ~  music, peace, art, and other noble attributes!  

Happy New Year!


*  *  *
Be sure to come on 
over to 
Path of Positivity 
and see 
what the team 
thinks about Inspiration!  
You can also find 
more information 
about entering 
the challenge!  

Thanks to our 
wonderful sponsors this month:







Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel.

1 comment:

  1. A super creation. :-) Thank you for using my image and it is a pleasure to Sponsor you All.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete