Monday, February 17, 2020

Adoration...


We are mid-February  and our optional theme over at Path of Positivity is Adoration 

I'm thinking today about the adoration/admiration I have for my family, my grandfather in particular.

I'm going with the definition of admiration and esteem.  There were several different images over at Beccy's Place I could have used to describe my grandpa.  He was a farmer and loved his animals, but I chose this digi image set, Garden Silhouette, because I also admire anyone who can grow something and the sentiment is perfect to describe Grandpa!  

My grandpa loved simplicity and had great faith.  It has been the past few years I have really come to admire his quiet strength.  He was a man of few words and never angered easily.  When I was young, I thought of my grandma as the stronger of the two since she was quicker to anger and had words for all occasions; but now I understand how difficult and how much inner strength it really takes to keep quiet and let some things pass!  

I wish I had spent more of my life trying to be like him, and to this day when I'm out in the barn working around horses I try to emulate his quiet demeanor. 

 While teaching therapeutic horsemanship, I had a motto: Strength through Balance.  I tried to teach this was true of physical, mental, and emotional balance.  My grandpa seemed to be just that, a very balanced individual loving the simplest pleasures that many overlook.  

*   *   * 
To see how to create an effect like this, I invite you to view the video below.  It is an older one, but describes how to turn a digital silhouette (or die) into one you can color! The tag in that video also uses the Garden Silhouette stamp and can be found on an earlier blog post HERE*Note the demo below uses free images from Cricut DS because I didn't want to watermark all the images.





Constructing this journal page:




The die cut I used on this page is a silhouette stamp from the Garden Silhouette!  I simply imported it into Cricut DS and set it to cut instead of print!  How fun is that!!  

The image was watercolored using watercolor pencils and Tombow markers.  I colored with the pencils over some of the darker portions.  I continued coloring by scribbling Tombow marker on a ceramic tile and picking up the color with a  paintbrush and a little bit of water.  Then I painted over the image.    

I assembled everything using a stamped and inked background for the base page, a die cut from the set, some scrap paper I embossed, and stash items listed below!  The "string" through the button is actually what I pulled from the denim strip when fraying it!


Material List

This digi:  Garden Silhouette from Beccy's Place 
Sentiment:  Garden Silhouette from Beccy's Place  
Colored with Watercolor Pencils and Tombow Markers
Adhesives 
CTMH Inks and retired Stamp Sets
Ribbon, Denim strip, Burlap, Lace and Button from stash
Gold paint w/water for splatters
Cricut Standard Mat
 Sharing with these challenges: 

Country View:  Splatters, Splashes, & Drips
Cheerful Sketches: Sketch to right
Not Just Cards:  AG
Sweet Stampers:  Hearts and /or Flowers
Beccy's Place:  AG with Beccy's Place Image
All Sorts:  Dies or Punches
Outlawz ~ Festive Fridays:  AG


Be sure to come on 
over to 
and see 
what the team 
thinks about Adoration!  
You can also find 
more information 
about entering 
the challenge!  

Thanks to our 
wonderful sponsors this month:



and




Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel.

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty design, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Dies and Punches' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of dies to get so much detail on your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely project, thank you so much for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandpa sounds like a lovely man Katrina, and one that definitely deserves esteem and emulation, I can understand why you adored him. Your card is beautiful and a wonderful tribute to a special man. Thank you for sharing the information and video about how to create a similar effect, it would be fun to have a go at this technique.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creation.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch with this fab page.
    Thanks for playing with Cheerful Sketches.
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project!!! Thank you for joining the February challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous design! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete