Thursday, July 6, 2023

Elegant or Rustic? at Twisted Thursday


   It's time for a new challenge over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday and the optional twist is:  "Elegant or Rustic?"  Now, that's not a tough one for me!  My projects seldom sit on the classic side of elegance!  However, I wouldn't say they are truly rustic for the most part.  

So, let's go with Elegantly Rustic! 

I created this layout using the beautiful artwork of Julia Spiri.  If you've not seen her lovely art, you can see it here.  She is very talented with so many styles...all of them so creative!  This particular image is sepia, but it also comes in grey scale and grey scale light.  (I am in no way connected with Ms Spiri, I just enjoy sharing info about artists/images I really like!)  

Interested in knowing more about my embellishments for my journals?  Check out this video.

 Material List 

Digi:  Julia Spiri Sunny  https://tinyurl.com/mtj3japn
Digital Paper:  Scribble Doodle Designs Sunflowers FREE!  https://tinyurl.com/44mmb9xu
Copic Markers
CTMH Ink
Faber Castel Pitt Pen
Adhesives:  Fabri-Tac
Scrap of Burlap
Scrap of Lace
Gold Thread
Cricut Design Space
Cricut Access: Sunflower cut and cut used for stencil from Apple Grove Designs; Divider Tab from CTMH Art Philosophy
Cricut Standard Mat Cricut Maker

My layout is off to the following challenges:

PaperCraft:  Girls, Girls, Girls
Four Seasons:  Summer
CD Sunday Plus:  AG using a CD, USB or Digi
As You Like It:  Pattern Paper or Plain...I usually like pattern paper because it's FUN!  I enjoy looking at the patterns and choosing just the right one for my image.  If I don't have the right one, I like to create it!
PIP:  AG
CD Sunday Plus:  AG using a CD, USB or Digi
Crafting from the Heart:  AG No Greeting Cards

Be sure to visit
for all the details about the challenge 
and to check out all fun inspiration from the DT and participants! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel.   

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful and love the "elegantly rustic" term, perfect for your card design :) So great to see you this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge, thanks so much for playing along!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming composition and marvelous coloring, Katrina! I love the Sunflowers. Thank you for sharing your feminine creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card. I have not seen work by Julia Spiri before so thank you for introducing her to us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous, rustic and vintage theme. The image is lovely and you've colored it wonderfully. Thanks for joining us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful journal layout. The sunflowers in the background are a perfect fit for the main image.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Katrina what a sweet card! The image is adorable and you've colored it beautifully and I love the overall design ... perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and the image of the girl with the sunflowers is perfect, love the colouring
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm back :) just saw this beauty linked up at Four Seasons challenge, too. Thank you so much for playing along there as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I’m so impressed with your colouring skills. Especially the hair, I can’t do hair! Gorgeous creation and thanks for joining in at Papercraft Challenges. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card, thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely "elegantly rustic", your design is beautiful and I like your coloring, amazing job on the hair. So glad you joined us at Jan's Digi Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful card! :) Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

    ReplyDelete