Monday, September 16, 2013

Bitten by the Bug 2 Challenge

Fall Card

I have a relative getting married this fall; I wanted to make her a special card for her shower.  This challenge was the perfect opportunity to showcase this card!

The #1 rule from Bitten by the Bug 2 is to use a Cricut cut from the weekly challenge.  This week is a Fall Theme ~~ like I said, perfect opportunity for this card!

I used the CTMH Artbooking Cartridge for the tree-frame and iced around it with different fall colors.  The font was also cut from Artbooking.  The paper is from the DCWV The Green Stack.

The pumpkin was cut from CCR Basics and the children are from A Child's Year.

Once the card was assembled, popping the children with 3-D tape and embellished with a little embroidery floss and a gem from the CTMH Mocha Adhesive Gems, I covered it with a sheet of polyester film from Dura-lar.

However ~ and here is the fun part ~ before adhering it, I stamped the film and heat embossed falling leaves to it.  Caution:  When heat embossing onto this film, be quick about it!  The film will start to curl if you take too much time!  The effect is a mulit-dimensional look.

You can find small leaf stamps in the CTMH Huntington Scrapbooking Workshop kit available at Katiescorner.ctmh.com




8 comments:

  1. How very pretty!! Love the tree and how you 'iced around it with fall colors'! The little boy and girl are just darling. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Fall' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I love this card!! And I especially love it for a bridal shower!! Your tree looks amazing with the "iced" inks going around it, you have picked the perfect image from ACY and I just love that cute pumpkin!! Such a fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda! I had a great time making this card. I read your profile and see we have the "farm life" in common! I do a lot of creative thinking while working out in the barn......I have to think about something while mucking out the stalls! hahaha

      Delete
  3. Oh, very pretty. This is such a pretty frame. You did such a great job with your inking. I love the silhouette image. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caroline! I am really enjoying the new Artbooking Cartridge with the unusual format of designs. It is really fun looking around at everyone's "take" on how to use it! I am enjoying the creative, fun ideas on BBTB2!

      Delete
  4. Katrina this is such a lovely card. Great use of the Artbooking cartridge cut! I love the Child's Year silhouettes - they POP off of the card. Such a pretty scene! Thank you for joining us at BBTB2 this week.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! I love the fall; it's a great inspiration for the colors, textures, and scenes!

      Delete