Saturday, September 21, 2013

Brown Paper Packages......


 Tied Up With String



 I have been watching several tutorials on the Close to my Heart Artbooking mini albums and decided I really wanted to try one, but I just couldn't come up with an idea.  Then it came to me after seeing the Heart 2 Heart Challenge:  Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String.

I was out in the barn thinking of my favorite brown packages I tie everyday, my horses, when I decided that was it!  A mini album for my grand-girl who rides with me.

I used paper from Clementine and Dakota and several different colors of cardstock.  There might be some older paper in there; I really can't remember.  I was grabbing paper from here, there, everywhere!  All inks are CTMH:  Sky Blue, Chocolate, Barn Red, Sunflower, Dutch Blue, and Twilight all come to mind.
Cuts are from:  CTMH Art Philosophy, CTMH Artbooking, Country Life, Paper Doll Dress Up, and Old West.



Stamps are all CTMH:  Universal Backgrounds, Artbooking My Life,  Artbooking Take Note, and Capture the Date.

Embellishments:  Mocha Adhesive Gems (of course!), Sarsparilla Letters, Stella Compliments, twine, copper wire (horse's tie ring) and a button.

Incidentals:  3 -D foam tape, gel pens, markers, computer printer for the saying on page one, key rings, M-Bossability folder (hearts), Cuttlebug folder (flowers), and CTMH liquid glass.

The faux fence is the perfect little pocket for something and a great spot for a picture.  Journaling on the days of the week would be fun! The heart page is the place for her favorite horse photo!  Notice the twine comes through the holes in the pages and goes through to the page with the clipboard!  (More of the "tied up with string" theme here!)  The paper on the clipboard, as well as the clipboard, lifts making room for more pictures!  "Whoa" is a popular thing to say out in the barn!  hee hee


The pocket is a real pocket for more goodies!  There are a couple of pretty pages where she can glue in some of her artwork, place photographs, or write.  The flower is a pretty touch next to the floral page.  Flip that flower page and you'll find it's a paisley envelope to tuck away some pictures or notes.  The page to the right of the envelope is a pocket page for horse patterns, ribbons, etc.

One of "my favorite things" is how you can mix and match the          CTMH paper packs.  The colors stay
the same so you know your old paper will always fit with the new
styles!

We round up things with a little cowgirl looking pretty in pink.  Her "cream colored pony" is "tied up" to the brown fence!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Katrina - this is just too stinkin' cute! Very creative! Love all the little extra details! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! I laughed at the "stinkin' cute" comment; it reminds me of the horse and rider who will be receiving this! : ) I love CTMH papers and accessories; so for me this is the place to play!

      Delete
  2. You always have the cutest paper and professional polished look!! Do you get all of your paper from CTMH?? I have learned the hard way that quality paper makes ALL the difference in the final product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris! Most of my paper does come from CTMH. You are so right about quality paper. I love the CTMH paper because you can use old stash with new paper and it looks great together. So, if you were into scrapping years ago and got busy with life, you can come back and put it all together with current products and create great stuff! Check out Katiescorner.ctmh.com if you are interested in some of the beautiful papers and other products!

      Delete